cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G20 breaks in a week, fixed and breaks again in a week!

cycII
Level 7
My G20AJ with i7/ GT760 breaks in the first week of use; machine wouldn't start up no matter what. Sent it back to ASUS for repair, took 2 weeks to return. After one week of CAREFUL USAGE it breaks AGAIN!!! Now it randomly crashes when I play Starcraft II. When it crashes I have to swallow a loss on my record, what the heck!!

ASUS, how can you call it a gaming desktop when it can't even handle a 5 year old game with just 1080P resolution? If you can't build a stable small form factor machine then DON'T BUILD IT!!

What a waste of time and money!!!
2 REPLIES 2

toronto699
Level 13
hmm u cannot return it to the retailer? I went through 2 G20 with BSODs I returned both , many have lots of issues with these G20, return it if u can
http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert private message cl-Albert with your problems , tell him to read these G20 threads maybe he will help send him your last RMA info as well

I tried below tips but still no luck, display still shows "no image input" in the middle of playing starcraft II.
1- disable the intel onboard graphics in device manager
2- latest bios and nvidia driver
3- uninstalled the viturwatt program

I think this is caused by the gt760 graphics card. I'm using the display port to run 4k resolution at 60hz on my philips 4k monitor. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using display port instead of HDMI, I don't be blue screen at all. All I get is sudden black out during the game and then I have to hard off the machine and then boot it again. Sometimes it reboots right away, sometimes there is still no image so I have to reboot till it gets back.

But the machine doesn't crashes out side of starcraft, which is the only game I play, it works normally and well if I just don't play the game. I had the machine turned on for a week and nothing wrong happened, as long as I don't play starcraft.