cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for activate resizable bar on asus G35CZ - RTX 3090

killllerman
Level 7
Resizable bar is AUTO (enable is not in the choice)

4G decoding is ON

CSM is disabled

BIOS IN UEFI

DRIVER GRAPHIC CARD (RTX 3090) UPDATED

I did not flash the bios of the card ....I downloaded the updated graphics card bios file from the Asus website and it tells me that I don't need to update.....

Please, help me
24 REPLIES 24

Make sure to also disable CSM besides enabling the 2 options mentioned earlier.

It is. The system was properly setup by ASUS. Cannot figure out why this isn't working.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Demonslayer1968 wrote:
Both of those settings are in the BIOS and are enabled. I cannot see why this isn't working. Any help is appreciated.

Apologize for the delay and thanks for your patience.
Can you double-check that you have Video BIOS version: 94.02.26.48.A6 ?

I'm told you should be using a newer version, so if necessary, please download and run the Vbios update tool from the ASUS G35CZ website again to see if it updates your Vbios version.

https://rog.asus.com/us/desktops/full-tower/rog-strix-gt35-series/helpdesk_download

When you run the Vbios update tool you may also want to notice if there are any indications that the Vbios flash is progressing and was successful, or ends very quickly and does not appear to do anything in case there is some problem to update the Vbios.

===================

Assume you are still using the original RTX 3080 card that came with the system, but if there is still a problem to update the Vbios, please send me a PM at cl-Albert@ROG with your desktop serial number to check that part.

As you suggested, I reset the CMOS back to default values and have found that changing the Resizable BAR setting from "Disabled" to "Auto" seems to do nothing. GPU-Z still reports that the setting is disabled in the BIOS. The Video Card Bios is correct. Thanks for the follow up.

Here is my GPU-Z info...

cl-Albert
Demonslayer1968 wrote:
As you suggested, I reset the CMOS back to default values and have found that changing the Resizable BAR setting from "Disabled" to "Auto" seems to do nothing. GPU-Z still reports that the setting is disabled in the BIOS. The Video Card Bios is correct. Thanks for the follow up.

Unfortunately, my last reply was not really very closely related to the quote that was included, but just wanted to let you know about the follow-up.

Anyway, not sure if GPU-Z may really be referring to resizable bar is not enabled in the vga bios rather than the motherboard bios (not sure, but our current assumption and information is that the issue is related to the vga bios version, so would like to investigate this part more if you're interested), but I'm being told the issue appears to be related to your vga bios since version 94.02.26.48.A6 does not appear to be correct and you want to have a newer version to enable resizable bar.

So...do you mind trying to re-download and run the Vbios update tool again from the ASUS website below and see if it updates your vga bios to a newer version?
https://rog.asus.com/us/desktops/full-tower/rog-strix-gt35-series/helpdesk_download

Also, in case it doesn't work, try to notice if the vga bios flash appears to be proceeding successfully, or if there are any error messages to indicate a failed flash.

VBios won't update...

It is the RTX 3080 included with the system. The G35's serial number is: ** edited by cl-albert **. I tried updating the VBIOS several times, but always the same message pops up in a couple seconds.

cl-Albert
Demonslayer1968 wrote:
It is the RTX 3080 included with the system. The G35's serial number is: ** edited by cl-albert **. I tried updating the VBIOS several times, but always the same message pops up in a couple seconds.

Thanks for the screenshot and serial number (I saved it and edited from your post).
The screenshot you provided almost makes me think you see the error while downloading the Vbios rather than when you are flashing the Vbios, but assuming the file downloaded okay and you see the error when trying to flash the Vbios, so let me know if I'm wrong about that.

I'll discuss more internally and get back to you when I have an update.

That message appears when I run the file after it is downloaded. I even went to the TUF 3080 10G support page, since it is the model included with my system. I downloaded the "V5" bios and tried it and get the same message.