cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! BOSD is killing my g20 aj

Sgrocks
Level 7
Sometimes when I play a few games the computer will give me the blue screen without warning and it's very irritating when that happens when I'm play csgo halfway it crashes the problem is DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (rtslane.sys).Even after extensive research it's a realtek driver problem but the computer has 3 different realtek drivers (audio,lan,bluetooth) and I have no idea why it's happeneing.help is greatly appriciated

If any of you do not know I'm only 16 with no one else to return the computer so please keep the steps simple.

EDIT:never mind so I realised there was an update for bios from 0603 to 0701 and accepted it.Now another problem surfaced,when I booted up my pc I have a black screen instead.Anyone knows how to fix the bios problem? I currently running windows 8.1
12 REPLIES 12

Sgrocks
Level 7
rtwlane.sys* sorry

GoHack
Level 8
Sgrocks wrote:
Sometimes when I play a few games the computer will give me the blue screen without warning and it's very irritating when that happens when I'm play csgo halfway it crashes the problem is DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (rtslane.sys).Even after extensive research it's a realtek driver problem but the computer has 3 different realtek drivers (audio,lan,bluetooth) and I have no idea why it's happeneing.help is greatly appriciated

If any of you do not know I'm only 16 with no one else to return the computer so please keep the steps simple.

EDIT:never mind so I realised there was an update for bios from 0603 to 0701 and accepted it.Now another problem surfaced,when I booted up my pc I have a black screen instead.Anyone knows how to fix the bios problem? I currently running windows 8.1

Can you get into the BIOS?

If you can, not being on my G20AJ computer in order to see the available BIOS settings, I would say to go into the BIOS, and under the Exit Menu, Save it under Optimal settings, or if not available, under the Restore.

As a guess from my end, I think it's just the new BIOS not being set up properly, that all.

You've actually got two (2) video cards, the external one, and the one built into your CPU.
. ROG Zephyrus GA401QM (Q14) Laptop, AMD Ryzen 9 5900H CPU; Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU; 24 GB DDR4 (1x8 GB, 1x16); 1 TB Samsung Pro980 M.2 SSD; Windows 10 Pro

GoHack wrote:
Can you get into the BIOS?

If you can, not being on my G20AJ computer in order to see the available BIOS settings, I would say to go into the BIOS, and under the Exit Menu, Save it under Optimal settings, or if not available, under the Restore.

As a guess from my end, I think it's just the new BIOS not being set up properly, that all.

You've actually got two (2) video cards, the external one, and the one built into your CPU.

If I can't even enter windows how do I boot up bios?

Sgrocks wrote:
If I can't even enter windows how do I boot up bios?

When you first turn the computer on, do you get any video showing anything while booting up, before the Windows startup?
. ROG Zephyrus GA401QM (Q14) Laptop, AMD Ryzen 9 5900H CPU; Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU; 24 GB DDR4 (1x8 GB, 1x16); 1 TB Samsung Pro980 M.2 SSD; Windows 10 Pro

GoHack wrote:
When you first turn the computer on, do you get any video showing anything while booting up, before the Windows startup?

No when I on my computer it is black screen throughout

kkn
Level 14
bluetooth can cause problems, if you get it up and running again try and disable it again.
is the a flashback option on the system?? if so try that ( look in manual )

UPDATE: Ok so I turned off one of my power bricks and could boot up bios and windows with the Asus screen but the computer can't run at full power and the fan speed is loud,so I tried to turn on both power bricks and restart my computer but it still give me a black screen with no cursor nothing. At this point is it possible to fix this?

Sgrocks wrote:
UPDATE: Ok so I turned off one of my power bricks and could boot up bios and windows with the Asus screen but the computer can't run at full power and the fan speed is loud,so I tried to turn on both power bricks and restart my computer but it still give me a black screen with no cursor nothing. At this point is it possible to fix this?

Then try going into the BIOS w/the one power supply working and once again, try as I suggested before.

[QUOTE=] Can you get into the BIOS? If you can, not being on my G20AJ computer in order to see the available BIOS settings, I would say to go into the BIOS, and under the Exit Menu, Save it under Optimal settings, or if not available, under the Restore.

To add, after doing so, make sure that under the Boot Menu in the BIOS, that it shows your drive, which has your OS on it, as the Boot drive. Once done, hook up both power supplies and try that.

To also add, if you can get into the BIOS, shows that you were able to upgrade it OK, which means that a failed upgrade wasn't the issue.

The best thing to do, when ever updating a BIOS, is to go in before doing so, note down your tweaked/modified settings, and restore them to the standard ones, w/an Optimal save or Restore.

My guess at the moment, is that there is a conflict between the built in CPU video and the External Video card, in the BIOS.

I hope this helps and Good Luck.

GoHack wrote:
Then try going into the BIOS w/the one power supply working and once again, try as I suggested before.

To add, after doing so, make sure that under the Boot Menu in the BIOS, that it shows your drive, which has your OS on it, as the Boot drive. Once done, hook up both power supplies and try that.

To also add, if you can get into the BIOS, shows that you were able to upgrade it OK, which means that a failed upgrade wasn't the issue.

The best thing to do, when ever updating a BIOS, is to go in before doing so, note down your tweaked/modified settings, and restore them to the standard ones, w/an Optimal save or Restore.

My guess at the moment, is that there is a conflict between the built in CPU video and the External Video card, in the BIOS.

I hope this helps and Good Luck.

Bios is normal and I did everything that you recommended but still no results