cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G10CE BSOD x 70 , Windows 11 'update'

lambchops1
Level 7
Yeah I don't get it, I think it's good to keep drivers up to date and in windows 11 , poof there goes my system. Just crashed on me again about 8 minutes ago.
Go to optional updates and inhale it if you have a ROG system from the last year, makes me angry - system worked perfectly till then. I bet if I install Linux I'll never crash. Maybe I'll do that.
Should that be required of your average gaming PC user though?
Reminds me of Theo De Raadt saying no to the FBI's request to install backdoors in his Open BSD -> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2029175
Sincerely - Your customer,
Travis.
24 REPLIES 24

lambchops1
Level 7
thanks for tolerating me Nate and Albert, you're some good guys. almost 100% certain that it was a misidentification that resulted in my problem. cause you see the 309 bios is about 1 mb less than the 314, and on my g10ce rog strix, it's not your absolute newest computer. uninstalling the device driver, which seems like suicide, actually works though - if - it's a pending operation, it's unqueued. so maybe if there's any confusion about that can rescript your update probes.
thank you again your patience, you're some good guys -
travis

lambchops1
Level 7
yeah, it was -i believe - a misidentification of bios eligibility. so maybe rescript your my asus program and tell windows update the difference. cause the 314 bios is about 1 mb larger than the 309. g10ce strix is my pc, 16 gb , 11400f (i still miss my i7 quad channel), beautiful graphics card though 12 gb 3060 and a 500 gb ssd. guess it's a new motherboard or something. but yeah, uninstalling the system firmware , which does seem like suicide, actually removed the update from my queue , and this pc running like a charm still. can even shut it down :).
thank you very much nate and albert, you're some great people and would love to work with you.
just need to rewrite the system probe script for my asus and windows update , something slinked through that said 314 was eligible.
thank you both for your patience,
travis

(my guess is a equality check somewhere in the code, maybe an if statement, narrowing it down...) or switch or for , something like that 🙂 my blind 2 cents

lambchops1
Level 7
thanks nate and albert, think i trouble shot it down, just might need to rewrite your system probe scripts.
good patience, and good support, cheers 🙂 - travis

lambchops1
Level 7
your forums are kind of bugged too, lol. hit delete and things show up, hit hello and it doesn't show up, my god, what next !

Hi,
Could you send me your backup of 309 bios ? I forgot to save it on a cloud and I lost my thumbdrive