cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G10ce.314 = crash , g10ce.309 = fine

lambchops1
Level 7
Been having this problem for months - every time windows updates it forces .314 to install which results in m y computer looking like it has gimped hardware in it. If it was gimped hardware .309 would also be broken wouldn't it? Is there a way to tell windows update to not update my bios? As is every time windows updates, I have to wait for its crap bios flash then disable system firmware in device manager, then restart, then flash my bios via a flash drive back to 309 , forever and ever.
I can't believe i'm the only person in the world having this problem with the 314 bios.
9 REPLIES 9

lambchops1
Level 7
Alright, so after another forcefed g10ce.314 update the computer ran for 15 hours. Before the update it ran for 5 days before I manually turned it off and was forced that update down my throat again. You seriously need to look into the code for your 314 bios, because it's either that or windows device drivers or kernel functions interacting with the 314 bios that causes a black screen of death and reset. Now i have to let it reinstall 314, disable system firmware and reinstall 309 again - since windows doesn't even show this bios on its advanced updates or uninstall updates page so i can disable 314 from being tossed on here again. linux and bsd seem like clarity compared to windows 'convenience'.

lambchops1
Level 7
10.0.22621 windows 11, RTX 3060 graphics, 11400f processor, 16 gb ram, 500 gb ssd (all these work fine) - POS bios diff g10ce.314 g10ce.309 must be something intuitive in there.
i'm truly amazed nobody else has this problem.

lambchops1
Level 7
and to top it off, my asus reports me having 309 installed instead of 314 as a problem ! amazing, i must have the only bios dependent factory defect computer on earth.

lambchops1
Level 7
I uninstalled system firmware ! seems so easy and self explainatory, lol, already had the 314 driver ready for install after i restarted. now it says 309 without any pending operations. maybe it'll leave me alone now - i'll let you know next time windows updates. honest to god bug in your intel chipset g10ce.314 bios , or else in windows kernel/device drivers interacting with it - and it seems you moved onto your next stage of desktops judging by their bios versions, so it's unlikely this problem will ever be fixed 😞 .. irritating though.

lambchops1
Level 7
My guess is that windows mis identified my computer of being capable of the 314 release, which is about 1 MB larger than the 309. sorry about the spam and stuff, i think that's the answer though. also showed up in the myasus updates . so at some point while the bios is running it shuts down the pc cause it's missing something or gets the wrong answer. i'd call it plain user error but , the programs said it was an update.
again, rog strix g10ce , with a i5-11400f ( still miss my quad channel i7 ) , 16 gigs ram, 12 gb nvidia rtx 3060 , 500 gb SSD and stuff, pretty standard issue. sorry about the confusion, shouldn't offer that option though to these versions of your asus pc's. best i can figure, is that's the problem, mis identification of bios-eligibility for this pc.
thank you for your patience,
travis (loves pork chops)

lambchops1 wrote:
My guess is that windows mis identified my computer of being capable of the 314 release, which is about 1 MB larger than the 309. sorry about the spam and stuff, i think that's the answer though. also showed up in the myasus updates . so at some point while the bios is running it shuts down the pc cause it's missing something or gets the wrong answer. i'd call it plain user error but , the programs said it was an update.
again, rog strix g10ce , with a i5-11400f ( still miss my quad channel i7 ) , 16 gigs ram, 12 gb nvidia rtx 3060 , 500 gb SSD and stuff, pretty standard issue. sorry about the confusion, shouldn't offer that option though to these versions of your asus pc's. best i can figure, is that's the problem, mis identification of bios-eligibility for this pc.
thank you for your patience,
travis (loves pork chops)

I just happened to come across this post as I was looking up to see whats going on with a friends pc. I seen in his bios there was the 314 update thats now "magically" gone from ASUS page. When you rollback on the bios did you have to clear the cmos or is there a way to rollback without clearing it? All my mobos Ive ever had never had bios problems so rolling back was never needed. Thanks for you time.

I just noticed 314 missing from the website as well, anyone know why?

I have been on 314 with no issues on a G10CE-AH766 (i7-11700, 2 SK Hynix 8GB 3200 ram, RTX3060 12GB, 1 WD SN530 M2)
I was only on 309 for a brief time I updated before a clean install and the only difference I noticed was that 309 the bios was more responsive (screens changed faster, it booted faster, etc) but other than that the machine has been very stable (clean win11 install only 'my Asus' forced installed).

Still curious where 314 went... I am hoping it was some issue with a non AH766 config 😉

Tyty323
Level 7

I’m having this same problem help any fixes

kurohigenoz
Level 7

I'm in the same case...Could you send me your 309 bios version ? It's impossible to get it again. (I lost my flash drive)

I manage to disable system updates for bios once but now I'm stock as I can't find the 309 bios version!

Please help dear !