cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G20CB Where to find the Windows serial number??

AlexySK
Level 8
Does anyone know where to find the Windows Serial Number?
There is no sticker on the PC.
13 REPLIES 13

chilinmichael wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's like 7 where if you change too many other components, it'll deactivate itself. Don't get your hopes up, basically.

i was intrigued by this, and ran a search on da web. found this:
https://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc%E2%8...

hmmm
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

I will NEVER EVER buy again an ASUS product,
the motherboards problem of the ROG Desktops its a KNOWN problem by ASUS did they recall of did a support for this ISSUE?
NO!!
So they will NEVER see again MY MONEY.
PERIOD.
chilinmichael wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's like 7 where if you change too many other components, it'll deactivate itself. Don't get your hopes up, basically.

chilinmichael
Level 10
My first motherboard went due to a bad BIOS update, I upgraded to a version (2004) if I remember right that they pulled the very next day, when I tried to upgrade to the most recent, that was the end of that. The replacement motherboard went only 3 months afterwards, in the same manner I think yours went (abruptly shut off). That being said, is it a KNOWN issue? I don't know, we have many on here with this PC and it's only you and I in which I've seen the issue (or read about it) so far. I'd like to think that maybe there was a small batch of components used in a select few that go bad, and that my replacement won't be the same. Why don't you just send it in for a warranty fix?
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Bill
Level 7
Hello AlexySK
Can you remind me what issue did you encounter?
Also, if you wish to RMA your unit, please PM your contact information and product/part serial number
I'll contact our local service team to take care of your unit, thank you