cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G20 Video Ideas?!

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
Hey peeps, I will be getting hold a Asus ROG G20CB coming next week, if you have any questions etc, All these will work for the BM/AJ/CB models and more....

Bios questions?
Graphics card Upgrade?
CPU upgrade?
Memory Upgrade?
Cooling Issues?
M.2 SSD Update?
SSD/Hard Drive Upgrade?
Software or Hardware Issues?

Or if their is anything you need to know, let me know and I can sort the video out and help you out, post below or over on my youtube channel

thanks Whoopee
4 REPLIES 4

Repetition
Level 7
Hello and thank you for your videos on G20 series, they really help a lot!
For future video ideas, do you think you can cover the differences in temperatures of blower and non-blower style graphic cards in the case?

Repetition wrote:
Hello and thank you for your videos on G20 series, they really help a lot!
For future video ideas, do you think you can cover the differences in temperatures of blower and non-blower style graphic cards in the case?

yeah thanks for that great idea, I am not sure yet what gpu is in the new system, but in my current rig is a RTX 2060 SUPER which is a open design fan so this is the worse type of card in my option to have in the system, I'll try and do my best on what gpu's I have, I am not a computer shop or a rich man so I am limited to money. I wish their was a way to borrow gpu's lol

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
the only thing I can find now that is blower style is the "GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER BLOWER X 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD" so unless some one else know of any that is RTX, but most of the new cards now look open style cards.

Hey Whoopee, first off I want to say I'm a big fan of your G20AJ videos. They helped me make up on mind on dropping the money for a refurbished G20CB recently. I haven't cracked this thing open to do any upgrades yet but I've been doing a lot of research for the last month. It looks like almost all models of the RTX cards have a blower option if you look for the "turbo" version. Specifically asus does a turbo blower for rtx 2060-3080. I hope that's helpful info.

In regards to what kind of videos we'd like to see, I'd really like to see someone post a guide and results on putting in an m.2 ssd into the CB board. I've seen very little in my research of people attempting the install and what I have been able to find seems problematic. I was looking for teardowns to see where the card slot is located and ended up having to search for ebay for the motherboards lol. An interesting thing I did notice going that route is that the CB motherboard seems to have a square heatsink of some kind right next to where the M.2 card sits. However the CI motherboard has a fan in place of the heat sink. Makes me wonder if that block on the CB isn't what's been causing the few successful installs posted to report overheating issues.