cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox, Steam and Microsoft are not working

Schakal1337
Level 8

Hello,

I have the Rog Ally Extreme since today. I updated the latest WLAN driver, BIOS, and Windows. Unfortunately, I can't update Armoury Crate or the Xbox app. When I start Steam, it says it can't find a network during setup. Also, the Microsoft App Store doesn't work at all for updates.

This is all quite frustrating. The whole device seems pretty useless to me right now.

What else can be done here? I've already reset the entire device once.

Not sure if it's related to Win11 or Asus.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Moonshine211
Level 7

Having this same issue. Z1 Extreme. Purchased and Setup December 2 in North America. Using windows local account (dummy email /password to bypass Microsoft account requirement during setup) 

Initial symptom was Armoury Crate SE Erroring out with Unable to Install as other software is being installed. Over to windows - Windows Update was 100% done (including multiple BIOS updates), but Microsoft store was broken - NOTHING downloading or installing. Since Armoury Crate SE is deployed via Microsoft Store App, this seems the root cause. 

• tried various WSRESET | sfc /scannow | repair / reset Store App | powershell to rebuild Store app - nothing 
  • tried with a Microsoft account signed into Store and without - no change 
  • performed an in place repair of windows - no change 
  • performed a director reset on Ally via Cloud (volume down + power > Cloud reset) - not change 
  • other windows 11 computers on the same network are installing apps from Microsoft Store just fine 

is there something in the OEM ASUS Windows build that is causing the problem I wonder…

supporting @luisguerrero - it seems to be MS servers as Store Downloads and installs started working Sunday December 3….

frustrating, but now working 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

bhutch189
Level 7

I have the same issue. Was able to get steam working by uninstalling it and downloading it from their website. Downloaded epic and collard the same way and now they all work. Xbox and Microsoft store I havent had any luck with. Same with armoury crate, not keen on unistalling it because I'll lose controller support

Bilzzard*

luisguerrero
Level 7

I’m in the same situation right now, I think it’s Microsoft servers or something.

Schakal1337
Level 8

But then it's good to know that there seems to be something wrong with the servers and not that the device isn't working properly, I almost sent mine back.

Moonshine211
Level 7

Having this same issue. Z1 Extreme. Purchased and Setup December 2 in North America. Using windows local account (dummy email /password to bypass Microsoft account requirement during setup) 

Initial symptom was Armoury Crate SE Erroring out with Unable to Install as other software is being installed. Over to windows - Windows Update was 100% done (including multiple BIOS updates), but Microsoft store was broken - NOTHING downloading or installing. Since Armoury Crate SE is deployed via Microsoft Store App, this seems the root cause. 

• tried various WSRESET | sfc /scannow | repair / reset Store App | powershell to rebuild Store app - nothing 
  • tried with a Microsoft account signed into Store and without - no change 
  • performed an in place repair of windows - no change 
  • performed a director reset on Ally via Cloud (volume down + power > Cloud reset) - not change 
  • other windows 11 computers on the same network are installing apps from Microsoft Store just fine 

is there something in the OEM ASUS Windows build that is causing the problem I wonder…

supporting @luisguerrero - it seems to be MS servers as Store Downloads and installs started working Sunday December 3….

frustrating, but now working 

Thank you for the Info, i will try it later.

I did all these steps as well how did you resolve it?

You don't actually need to do anything, my problem was with the servers, since yesterday everything has been running smoothly for me.