cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG review and bug spoted

neneche
Level 7

Dear ROG member

After reviewing a good number of reviews of the Ally I decided to pre-order one.

However in the light of all the reported bug from reviewers, I'd like to open this thread to collect them and ask in transparent manner to share what will be the fix (if any are considered) 

One of the most one is the Phawx spotted that the voltage/ performance ratio are not optimum see here bellow

ASUS ROG ALLY - LET'S GO ON A DEEP DIVE! - YouTube

Other bug oftenly reported from reviewers are:

• Inputs often aren’t recognised on your first attempt
  • The software keyboard doesn’t always open automatically
  • Blue Screen of Death
  • Apps like Steam freeze regularly
  • Games often crash
  • The fingerprint scanner is unreliable
  • The device restarts every now and then
  • Controls in Armoury occasionally skip entire selectable items
  • The Steam Big Picture store doesn’t always work
  • I sometimes accidentally use the Armoury Core app even though I’m in a game
  • A frozen black image when I launch a game
  • The device sometimes doesn’t respond to inputs
  • An Armoury app full of Miles Morales shortcuts
  • Game Pass downloads stop regularly
  • The MicroSD card is no longer recognised

The following points work, but need improvement:

• Navigating Windows with analogue sticks is horrifying
  • Don’t turn off the display or go into standby; otherwise game downloads will stop
  • Games can’t be ended quickly via Alt + F4 or any other way
  • There’s no easy way to open the Steam overlay
  • Games almost require being started from the Armoury app; otherwise the controls usually aren’t recognised

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Roza
Level 8

Some Steam games (Spiritfarer, Vampire Survivors) don’t work, or it does at a ver low framerate. Generally, bad Steam platform performance.

Roza
Level 8

My Touch ID also stop working after a system update.

Axl133
Level 7

I have done all updates but the monitor with fps, temp don’t appear when i use it. 

MastahKillah82
Level 8

I opened my ROG Ally today and the plastic film that was protecting the Ally had dust inside and outside of the plastic film.  My screen also had a small scratch on it and smudges.  When I got to the WIFI setting, the button on the left side to open up the keyboard was not working on the first few tries.  Also, I can see the scratch distorting the light from the white scree, so I am definitely returning mine back to Best Buy.  

My plastic seemed a little off too, and there is a noticeable deep scratch on the lower right of the screen. I'm undecided whether or not I'm going to return it to Best Buy. That's some really bad quality control. 

SerekUK
Level 7

On two separate occasions, the sound has stopped and I've had to restart it as trying to enable it leads to a "no sound device" error.