cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XTU scores went down hill with Apex on Bios 1102

CSN7
Level 7
Ran a couple of tests to spot some performance degradation from the new bios. So far CB R15 and others didn't see any drop in performance. But XTU scores are waay down!

On a 12-Core I scored ~3850 @4.6G I'm now consistently scoring at or below 3625 XTU points. That's pretty rough, still searching for the reason, tired different (tighter) AVX offsets but 0 would immediately crash for example, -1works but gives the same sore as -3. Tried upping Vccin (input) all other settings are the same (DRAM timings actually even slightly tighter). No luck. Something smells fishy and it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense why XTU should be that much worse when others don't show any significant perf drop.

Any ideas where to look for to get XTU scores up?
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Bash4Sure wrote:
Ran a couple of tests to spot some performance degradation from the new bios. So far CB R15 and others didn't see any drop in performance. But XTU scores are waay down!

On a 12-Core I scored ~3850 @4.6G I'm now consistently scoring at or below 3650 XTU points. That's pretty rough, still searching for the reason, tired different (tighter) AVX offsets but 0 would immediately crash for example, -1works but gives the same sore as -3. Tried upping Vccin (input) all other settings are the same (DRAM timings actually even slightly tighter). No luck. Something smells fishy and it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense why XTU should be that much worse when others don't show any significant perf drop.

Any ideas where to look for to get XTU scores up?

Wouldn't get too caught up in it. Unless you want to run XTU all day long, of course ;).

1102 has the revised microcode to deal with speculative control , which has been touted to reduce performance under certain workloads.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

CSN7
Level 7
Yep I know it comes with the new microcode. But for example the EVGA X299 Micro I ran previously with that had the new micro code (no pun intended) with a bios update some time ago didn't have these issues at all.

I'd like to crack my previous high score of 4164 XTU on hwbot now that I'm on water. But this seems out of reach now.

Something seems weird when I select Auto @AVX offset which equals 0 offset XTU would immediately crash. When I boot with -1 and then select 0 offset in XTU it runs through no problem. I'll try reflash the bios and see if this helps.

Bash4Sure wrote:
Yep I know it comes with the new microcode. But for example the EVGA X299 Micro I ran previously with that had the new micro code (no pun intended) with a bios update some time ago didn't have these issues at all.

I'd like to crack my previous high score of 4164 XTU on hwbot now that I'm on water. But this seems out of reach now.

Something seems weird when I select Auto @AVX offset which equals 0 offset XTU would immediately crash. When I boot with -1 and then select 0 offset in XTU it runs through no problem. I'll try reflash the bios and see if this helps.

EVAG may have solved (change some settings?) down performance with this new microcode
No Asus (storage, some benchmarks, etc..)

I saw that some also had problems with Turbo mode
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

CSN7
Level 7
Reinstalling the bios didn't help.

CSN7
Level 7
Yes it seems to have some turbo mode issues but I don't know how to solve them. Even at 4.9Ghz points barely increase.