cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X299 Ram Problem Trident Z 2x8 3600 Mhz 16-16-16-36 1.35 Module

sefiremre
Level 7
Hello everyone , I have really bad fps drops and i tryed to many things today when i check the Motherboard
Intel Core X-Series processor (6-core or above) DRAM QVL

I didnt see my ram kit there my ram kit excatly name

GSKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZR G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600Mhz C16 16GB (2x8GB) DUAL (16-16-16-36) 1.35V RAM

this are the list ;
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2066/TUF_X299_MARK1/Intel_CoreX-SeriesCPU_6core_or_above_DRAM...

this is important because when i XMP mode my pc is frozen randomly but when i do extreme tuning its 3200 mhz working very well ,

if this MB not be compatible with my ram kits i will change my rams.
32 REPLIES 32

sefiremre wrote:
So if i buy more 2x dual kit same module it can be work like Quad channel ?

Mixing kits is not guaranteed to be plug-and play, even if they are the identical dram modules (ICs). 4 stick kits are selected and binned to work together at the rated speed and timings. That said, I would not sell your dual channel 3600c16 kit just yet. 3200, 3600, 3866 and 4000 are good ram dividers on x299.
1) if you ever loaded XMP on x299 you need to CLRCMOS to get all things back to default. Simply changing the timings you see in bios will not do the same.
2) after clrcmos, enter bios and set the ram speed to 3600, set the primary timings to 16-16-16 -42-2T, voltage to 1.4V, VSA to 0.9, vccio to 1.00V. Change nothing else and F10 to save and exit (you can restore your core and cache OC once you get the ram working properly).
3) boot into windows and run HCi memtest or RamTest to verify the stability of the settings... failure to do this will, well, result in failure. 😛
4) if it passes 500% HCi Memtest or RamTest, post back to bios and save to a save slot. NOw restore your core and cache OCs to where they were. Ifg you have any OC on the cache/ring/mesh (whatever) you need to retest the ram for stability.

Post back with what you find at 3600c16-16-16-42-2T, and we can go from there. 🙂

jpmboy wrote:
Mixing kits is not guaranteed to be plug-and play, even if they are the identical dram modules (ICs). 4 stick kits are selected and binned to work together at the rated speed and timings. That said, I would not sell your dual channel 3600c16 kit just yet. 3200, 3600, 3866 and 4000 are good ram dividers on x299.
1) if you ever loaded XMP on x299 you need to CLRCMOS to get all things back to default. Simply changing the timings you see in bios will not do the same.
2) after clrcmos, enter bios and set the ram speed to 3600, set the primary timings to 16-16-16 -42-2T, voltage to 1.4V, VSA to 0.9, vccio to 1.00V. Change nothing else and F10 to save and exit (you can restore your core and cache OC once you get the ram working properly).
3) boot into windows and run HCi memtest or RamTest to verify the stability of the settings... failure to do this will, well, result in failure. 😛
4) if it passes 500% HCi Memtest or RamTest, post back to bios and save to a save slot. NOw restore your core and cache OCs to where they were. Ifg you have any OC on the cache/ring/mesh (whatever) you need to retest the ram for stability.

Post back with what you find at 3600c16-16-16-42-2T, and we can go from there. 🙂

Thank you m8 , but what you calling like me ppl I am a noob about hardware O.C I am just buying and using generally default setting and if anywhere don't have exact O.C guide , my mainboard and CPU i don't know how to make it stable 😄

My Mainboard is Asus Strix E Gaming x299
CPU : intel i7 7800x
Ram is as you now G skill 3600 Ghz 2x8 . 16 GB if you give me some guide for me i will try it manually. Everyone saying you have very nice hardware and Cooling system make your o.c manually BUT I AM ASKING THEM HOW MAN HOW !!! 😄 give me guide really I am a noob about it 😄

sefiremre wrote:
Thank you m8 , but what you calling like me ppl I am a noob about hardware O.C I am just buying and using generally default setting and if anywhere don't have exact O.C guide , my mainboard and CPU i don't know how to make it stable 😄

My Mainboard is Asus Strix E Gaming x299
CPU : intel i7 7800x
Ram is as you now G skill 3600 Ghz 2x8 . 16 GB if you give me some guide for me i will try it manually. Everyone saying you have very nice hardware and Cooling system make your o.c manually BUT I AM ASKING THEM HOW MAN HOW !!! 😄 give me guide really I am a noob about it 😄

Well, I laid out steps to do (1 thru 4). But now you are saying you have 2x8GB not two 2x8GB ram kits> wut? If you have a single 2x8GB kit, put them in the slots acccortding to your manual and set the timings and voltages as I posted.. manually. do not use XMP .

sefiremre wrote:
give me guide really I am a noob about it 😄

This was written for Broadwell...but the principles remain the same as do many of the actual BIOS options

http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/4/

Give it a thorough read!

🙂

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
This was written for Broadwell...but the principles remain the same as do many of the actual BIOS options

http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/4/

Give it a thorough read!

🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO6cAgmOfo I found this video , Asus MB and 7800x very nice CPU overlock guide but there no saying about RAM , if i do this one 4,6 or 4,8 in 1,275v which ram overclock is better for me . 🙂 i need this knowledge

sefiremre
Level 7
guys its totally different think 😄 My CPU when i start to play BF 1 starting to %100 CPU usage . starting to fps drops

When i open V-sync its down 60 hz everything is good playing like game console 😄 , i think its about my Monitor 1080P 120hz im still waiting pg27uq 4k hdr monitor becasue of that i didnt buy any 4k or 2k g sync monitor , but %100 cpu usage i think not normal when i take back my psu from rma i will reinstall my w10 ( format) maybe its related with my OS

sefiremre wrote:
guys its totally different think 😄 My CPU when i start to play BF 1 starting to %100 CPU usage . starting to fps drops

When i open V-sync its down 60 hz everything is good playing like game console 😄 , i think its about my Monitor 1080P 120hz im still waiting pg27uq 4k hdr monitor becasue of that i didnt buy any 4k or 2k g sync monitor , but %100 cpu usage i think not normal when i take back my psu from rma i will reinstall my w10 ( format) maybe its related with my OS

RE the memory, no do not mix memory kits!

You can try the settings I suggested earlier in the thread if looking to aim for 3600Mhz, or just stay where you are. As Gup has said, quad channel kits aren't cheap. Apologies if this has confused you. Bottom line; if unsure it is best to follow the QVL for the best possible chance of compatibiltiy. however, 3200Mhz and dual channel should be addiquate for gaming.

I don't get any CPU issues in BF1 on X299, and I play this a lot lol. A reinstall should resolve that.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
A very interesting thread to wake up to with a lot of good advice being given

sefiremre, what CPU are you using? what memory slots do you have your 2 dimm installed in?
With the 6 core or above processors work optimally with a quad channel kit they should still work fine with a dual channel kit if installed in the correct slots, make sure memory modules are in the correct slots per the motherboard manual (different slots if using a 4 core or 6-18 core CPU), follow Stone's information to tune to 3600mhz or run at 3200mhz, there is very little performance gain between 3200 and 3600 mhz.
Concentrate on making your system stable and to eliminate your FPS drops and worry about changing your memory kit at a latter time when prices come down

Menthol wrote:
A very interesting thread to wake up to with a lot of good advice being given

sefiremre, what CPU are you using? what memory slots do you have your 2 dimm installed in?
With the 6 core or above processors work optimally with a quad channel kit they should still work fine with a dual channel kit if installed in the correct slots, make sure memory modules are in the correct slots per the motherboard manual (different slots if using a 4 core or 6-18 core CPU), follow Stone's information to tune to 3600mhz or run at 3200mhz, there is very little performance gain between 3200 and 3600 mhz.
Concentrate on making your system stable and to eliminate your FPS drops and worry about changing your memory kit at a latter time when prices come down

i7 7800x , I used DIMM A1 and DIMM C1 slots 1 is one side 1 is other side what handbook saying i did it 🙂 yeah 3200 3600 performance i cant feel it i guess but i have fps drops in some games because of that i research deeply my problem , when is my psu come back i will be format my pc clean install windows 10 .

I just saw about it my kit QVL list because of that i asked the community you guys really have knowledge then me thanks for helping.

Menthol
Level 14
I am not familiar with the Strix board or the 7800x but it shouldn't be to hard for a simple OC, you need to either change youe PC specs by your signature or list all your hardware, what are you using for cooling?
It can be as simple as raising the CPU multiplier and leave all voltages on auto. your CPU's boost speed is 4000mhz, set multiplier to 42 or 44 and see if it boots.
I am sure there must be someone around here with similar hardware that can help.
Get your memory set, reinstall OS, make sure system is stable then create a new thread asking for overclocking help