Level 7
Hey guys ,
My system ;
x299 Strix E gaming MB
Trident Z 2x8 16 gb 3600 mhz ram kit
Asus strix 1080 Ti
Corsair RM1000i PSU and NZXT x62 Kraken
m.2 sata 960 Evo 500 gb + 1 TB 850 Evo

my problem is when i upgrade bios 1102 after that when i open the XMP mode without any oc to CPU , its not boot when turn off my psu power , if it is work , sometimes 2 hours sometimes 10 hours sometimes 2 days later its giving randomly freeze . Keyboard , fans , screen and case still working but no work any command I have to do turn off pc power button . When I did default settings or select to extreme tuning its automaticly up 44x and 3200 mhz and its working very well no have any problem , but when i do again default and only set up XMP mode on 3600 mhz its starting again freezes . I paid this board to use my 3600 mhz rams kit but its maximum giving and working stable with 3200 mhz 😄

I tested memtest86+ no any problem with rams , and i changed PSU to RM750x my other pc no anything change its problem when i ON XMP mode

its problem hardware or software i dont know exactly , and sorry about my English , i tryed to explain my situation maybe someone is solved this problem.

1101 bios update notes:
ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING BIOS 1102
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Updated CPU microcode.
*R-DIMM is not supported. ( what does mean this )

thanks for your helps guys
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Tweak your VCCSA and VCCIO voltages until your memory is stable. Then proceed to use HCI Memtest or Google stressapptest in Linux to test for stability. 🙂

sefiremre
Level 7
Thanks Chino any more advice ?

CSN7
Level 7
What other advice do you need? tweak means raise the voltages. Try SA 0.875v and IO 1.1v. That should work.

Sometimes manufacturers are a little off on their binning of the RAM kits or your CPU's IMC is a bit on the weak side and needs a little help. Beyond 3600 DRAM skylakeX can get a bit iffy in some cases anyway.

CSN7 wrote:
What other advice do you need? tweak means raise the voltages. Try SA 0.875v and IO 1.1v. That should work.

Sometimes manufacturers are a little off on their binning of the RAM kits or your CPU's IMC is a bit on the weak side and needs a little help. Beyond 3600 DRAM skylakeX can get a bit iffy in some cases anyway.

Most memory vendors don't put those voltage settings on SPD, the rules are on the MB side. Manually tweaking should be expected sometimes either which way.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090