cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 2004 Updater wants to install A-Volute

Super_Gnome
Level 11
What is A-Volute? The Windows updater of all things wants to install this. Will it mess up my R6 Omega based system? I've never seen or heard of this. Is it bloatware? There is a button on the updater you can hit to "Install Now."

After Googling this name, it appears as though at least some people's systems have been messed up after they installed this. Sigh. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any and all info and replies.
16 REPLIES 16

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

A-Volute is the creator of Sonic Studio I/II/III & Sonic Radar I/II/III for ASUS.

What Windows Update trying to update must surely be the NH3/SS3 APO SWC driver.

Anyway, for information, you have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from my UAD drivers thread.

Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
I dont use Sonic Studio or Sonic Radar and uninstalled them both a long time ago. My sound is fine, and I have no desire to change or mess with it as it works fine.

Super Gnome wrote:
I dont use Sonic Studio or Sonic Radar and uninstalled them both a long time ago.

Even if you don't install SS3/SR3, the SS3 APO SWC driver is included in your drivers package that you have used, hence the Windows Update notification, and hence the "Note 2" that I gave you so you can see the different possibility that is offered to you (for information, you do what you want).

Super Gnome wrote:
My sound is fine, and I have no desire to change or mess with it as it works fine.

I told you "for information", you do what you want, i have nothing to sell.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Super Gnome wrote:
I dont use Sonic Studio or Sonic Radar and uninstalled them both a long time ago.

Even if you don't install SS3/SR3, the SS3 APO SWC driver is included in your drivers package that you have used, hence the Windows Update notification.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Sorry, but I am very confused. Also, thank you kindly for trying to help.

If I open the Realtek Audio Console is says the Audio Driver Version is 6.0.1.8666. On the next line it says UI Version: 1.1.137.0.

This version is different and looks newer than the one on the support page for my motherboard. Why doesn't Asus update this on the support page? Again, it is very confusing.

Also, EZ Update says there is no need to update anything. Again this is very confusing.

This is a big concern because a lot of other people have had all kinds of problems after installing A-Volute. Some have then had to reinstall Windows, and frankly that is a hassle. Others have had no sound at all after installing A-Volute. Others still have had to roll back their systems a few times to fix their systems and get the sound working again. I recently installed 2004 and everything seems to work fine now. Hence, I dont want to roll back to before 2004 because my system was recently crashing, then suddenly restarting at random times for unknown reasons--which has stopped. Forgive me for my confusion. Perhaps I ought to buy an Apple computer next time because I love how simple and straightforward updating is on my iPad. You go to the check for updates app, it checks everything and then tells you an update is needed. You click yes, and you wait a few seconds and it is all done automatically. It is the same with Nvidia drivers. Easy and simple. If only Microsoft and all of its partners standardized their update systems so that the consumer wasnt forever confused about drivers. Man.

Mokichu: Do you work for Nahimic or something? I see your name at the Nahimic support website and that others are confused as well and having difficulties.

Super Gnome wrote:
Sorry, but I am very confused. Also, thank you kindly for trying to help.

If I open the Realtek Audio Console is says the Audio Driver Version is 6.0.1.8666. On the next line it says UI Version: 1.1.137.0.

Don't worries 😉

Main Realtek Audio driver version : 6.0.1.8666
Realtek Audio Control version : 1.1.137.0

Super Gnome wrote:
This version is different and looks newer than the one on the support page for my motherboard. Why doesn't Asus update this on the support page? Again, it is very confusing.

Also, EZ Update says there is no need to update anything. Again this is very confusing.

The easiest way to answer your question, is to answer yourself with another question : Why doesn't ASUS update the graphics drivers on the support page when NVIDIA drivers are released ? the logic is the same here.

Super Gnome wrote:
This is a big concern because a lot of other people have had all kinds of problems after installing A-Volute. Some have then had to reinstall Windows, and frankly that is a hassle. Others have had no sound at all after installing A-Volute. Others still have had to roll back their systems a few times to fix their systems and get the sound working again. I recently installed 2004 and everything seems to work fine now. Hence, I dont want to roll back to before 2004 because my system was recently crashing, then suddenly restarting at random times for unknown reasons--which has stopped. Forgive me for my confusion. Perhaps I ought to buy an Apple computer next time because I love how simple and straightforward updating is on my iPad. You go to the check for updates app, it checks everything and then tells you an update is needed. You click yes, and you wait a few seconds and it is all done automatically. It is the same with Nvidia drivers. Easy and simple. If only Microsoft and all of its partners standardized their update systems so that the consumer wasnt forever confused about drivers. Man.

It is precisely for this purpose that I created this thread and all the others, in order to have a clear, simplified install experience and stable & comfortable user experience (you can ask those who follow me).

restsugavan
Level 13

Thank you @MokiChu your info and new driver working very well. 😮
W11CANARY 26090.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Thanks anyone and everyone who has contributed to this thread. I was really busy yesterday and hence did not get a chance to figure everything out and did not install the A-Volute software Windows Updater had prompted for installation. Then when looking into it more today, and without having done anything, Windows Updater is no longer prompting to install that software or driver or whatever it is.

Also there is nothing about this on the support page. Since my system appears to be working fine, I am going to forgo doing anything right now. If you Google A-Volute it shows that a lot are having issues--and to be perfectly honest, I remain confused about drivers, software and the related A-Volute issues many are having, so will just wait and pray my system is issue free.

cekeu
Level 12
Googled:
CES 2019 - After offering its solution to computer manufacturers, the French start-up a-Volute sets out to conquer the general public.
An application and the speakers of any PC transform into high-fidelity equipment. With its Nahimic software, the a-Volute company has already convinced big brands like Asus and MSI.