cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whos R6E come with clear plastic film protecting it?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
So just picked up my board and theres only film over the small rog led under the cpu socket, can any one tell me if there boards come with more flim because there a few small scratches on 2 parts of the plastic covers, I'm thinking the shops has sold me a demo or something?
17 REPLIES 17

Georgia
Level 7
I think its pretty common ,mine came exactly the same way when i picked mine up 2 days ago.

Georgia wrote:
I think its pretty common ,mine came exactly the same way when i picked mine up 2 days ago.

I don't know i would expect it to be like this guys https://youtu.be/TpqpeisrGcA , does yours have any scratches?

LiveOrDie wrote:
I don't know i would expect it to be like this guys https://youtu.be/TpqpeisrGcA , does yours have any scratches?

Yeah that's how you would expect it come ,but it's pretty sad $1049 AU and that's how you receive it.
I did'nt get really any scratches more like dust but it polished up clean with a micro cloth.

Mine came will a film over all of the armor including the ROG Led under the CPU. What I though was strange was upon opening the outer cardboard from Amazon, the Mobo box itself was not sealed or shrink wrapped whatsoever. I was able to just open the box, the components on the inside were still sealing in their little bags.

Skunkfoo wrote:
Mine came will a film over all of the armor including the ROG Led under the CPU. What I though was strange was upon opening the outer cardboard from Amazon, the Mobo box itself was not sealed or shrink wrapped whatsoever. I was able to just open the box, the components on the inside were still sealing in their little bags.

The thing with Amazon is that packaging is not consistent. I have received motherboards just on their retail packaging, no box or wrapping whatsoever and sometimes they package them very well.

Bought two R6E from Amazon and fortunately they were well packaged. Although retail box was closed using clear tape. Seems like they do it manually.
I blame ASUS, they should do a proper package, just like X99-Deluxe II with proper handle.

fexnok wrote:
The thing with Amazon is that packaging is not consistent. I have received motherboards just on their retail packaging, no box or wrapping whatsoever and sometimes they package them very well.

Bought two R6E from Amazon and fortunately they were well packaged. Although retail box was closed using clear tape. Seems like they do it manually.
I blame ASUS, they should do a proper package, just like X99-Deluxe II with proper handle.

There are the seal on “ Republic of Gamer “ under CPU socket *, the upper side of black panel I/O which content
OLED display and Black Panel buddy.
68538**

68539**
W11CANARY 26200.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007108 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E Modified BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 552.22 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:
There are the seal on “ Republic of Gamer “ under CPU socket *, the upper side of black panel I/O which content
OLED display and Black Panel buddy.
68538**

68539**

Yeah thats how mine looked apart from the big ROG logo has a scratch on it, i hate how these board come theres no way to tell if some one used it or not they should seal the board at lest.

After googling and watching videos on youtube i only found 1 dudes board with the plastic film on it, the rest just come with none maybe newer boards have the film who knows.

I sent one board back as it only came with protective plastic on the IO shield and the ROG logo. Oh and lovely smears and fingerprints all over.

The replacement came with the exact same lack of protective plastic, only this time a scratch near the LED panel. At this point I could say what I really think about Asus quality control, but it's rather apparent they're still training the monkies.

Oakhome wrote:
I sent one board back as it only came with protective plastic on the IO shield and the ROG logo. Oh and lovely smears and fingerprints all over.

The replacement came with the exact same lack of protective plastic, only this time a scratch near the LED panel. At this point I could say what I really think about Asus quality control, but it's rather apparent they're still training the monkies.

It sounds like you're getting customer returned items, not new ones. Mine came perfectly protected including films.