cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is 1602 Bios

meierdaniel
Level 7
Hi

Just wondering where is the 1602 bios for the apex?
does anyone have any information?
currently the 1503 is listed at the top of the page
https://www.asus.com/ch-de/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-APEX/HelpDesk_BIOS/
14 REPLIES 14

Raven41
Level 9
same on X299 E gaming only 1503 1602 is gone it is on all X299 Motherboard 160X gone

Superbowl
Level 7
It seems to be gone on all X299 MOB's. This is really strange. Does ASUS want us to revert back to 1503 if we are on 1602 ? I wish someone from ASUS would let us know what to do if we already have 1602 installed.

G75rog
Level 10
Running Apex 1602 here with no issues.

viperxbr
Level 7
I wouldn't be surprised it being removed. It caused file corruption and lots of CTD's on my OC'd system after I upgraded to it. Never in my 15yrs of overclocking had I experience this sort of behavior. I even rebuilt the OS from scratch twice because of it.

I went back to 1503 and no problems now.

viperxbr wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised it being removed. It caused file corruption and lots of CTD's on my OC'd system after I upgraded to it. Never in my 15yrs of overclocking had I experience this sort of behavior. I even rebuilt the OS from scratch twice because of it.

I went back to 1503 and no problems now.

I have been OC'ing my computers about the same time. This specific MOBO has caused me nothing but pain.

I bought one of those Thermaltake Tower 900 cases, G.Skill DDR4 64gb 4000, best CPU at the time, EK Block dual closed loops and an Aquaero 6 XT controller. To say I have done this a few times is an understatement. I have tested components under load to check the rail voltage with a nice multi-meter and have torn apart the system and moved it to my sons x299 machine to see if he would experience the problems.

Last night I put in a thermaltake 1600 PSU I have used for a long time from another machine and did a memtest64 pro test from a boot usb. It made it 3.5 passes and had a hung screen. The night before I did the same thing with memory from my sons machine and had the same behavior. I have monitors on the rails, so I know it is not a voltage issue. I know the next step is to RMA the damn board, but it will be such a complete PITA dismantling the water loops I may just buy a new damn board.

None of my normal tests caught any of the expected "problems" as they have the last fifteen to twenty years of OC'ing.

I have disabled all of the C-State power settings and went with a baseline /w no OC and the machine still hangs /wo a message on ram test, memtext64 and google stress test. It has to be the MOBO at this point since the components all work in my sons computer. I am leaning towards a voltage regulator or something on the MOBO.

This MOBO has been the worst I have ran across getting stable since I started OC'ing. I have a newer CPU, so I can't rollback the BIOS for CPU support. My son is getting less than happy with testing my parts out, so I may have hit the point where I just tear everything down and RMA the board and RAM.

Raven41
Level 9
1503 dos not support I9 99XX it is only 1602 ?

DanGeR-Mouse
Level 7
I was woindering about the same thing. Should we go back to 1503 or just stay on 1602 and wait for a new update?
I have had no issues so far with 1602 on x299 Apex with OC'ed 7900X.

G75rog
Level 10
We have 2 Apex's running 1602 with no issues.

1:
7900X water cooled, 64GB Gskill 3600 TridentZ RAM, Vega 64 Liquid GPU, 8 Samsung NVME for 14TB, Hyper M.2 X16 card.

2:
9900X water cooled, 32GB Gskill 3600 TridentZ RAM, Nvidiia 1080TI GPU water cooled, 2 Samsung NVME for 2TB. Still adding on.

Gaming, VR, Hyper V, Win 10, Linux

Waiting for next bios to drop.

Hi

Here too on 1602

7900X water cooled, 32GB Gskill 3600 TridentZ RAM, Nvidia 1080TI GPU water cooled, Hyper card with intel 4x760p/2T on raid0 vroc as boot, 4x 970/500 at cpu and pch dimm each dimm in raid0, and 3x 850 SSD, smooth oc at 4600
on Win10 Gaming, Video