cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PC often gets stuck in reboot Loops

martine-dee
Level 12
Hi,

Something that began to happen in August last year is that PC gets stuck in reboot loops when (re)starting. So, it never restarts on its own, but every (re)start might mean a stressful struggle to get it going. I've posted more about it here (vid included):
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?113051-Reboots-and-SATA-drives-not-detected-when-AE-9-is-i...

Except, now that I finally got to the point to take the AE-9 out and never use it again, the box still keeps restarting. So, ultimately it is not AE-9 that causes restarting.

Something else is wrong with the box. Currently, it gets frozen in the 00 state every time before it self-restarts.

What do you suggest doing? I am close to the point of just building a whole new PC fwiw. But if I could pin down the culprit, I'd replace it.

Halp? 😕
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating
22 REPLIES 22

martine-dee
Level 12
So, as the first step toward a new box, I am considering to get this PSU:

https://www.alternate.nl/SilverStone/Strider-Titanium-ST1500-TI-1500-Watt-voeding/html/product/13780...

Prior calculations indicated that the current 1000 watt PSU should cover everything (by far), but an investment into a 1500 watt PSU shan't hurt (save for my wallet). If I were to get a new box entirely, I've got a choice between x299-e gaming II, and a mobo for i9-9900KS.

davemon50
Level 11
Unless you've got a newer list than is published online, the memory you have listed in your profile specs isn't listed in the QVL for your board. It all starts there. If you are getting boot loops is because of your memory. Have you resolved the conflict you have with the QVL?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Unless you've got a newer list than is published online, the memory you have listed in your profile specs isn't listed in the QVL for your board. It all starts there. If you are getting boot loops is because of your memory. Have you resolved the conflict you have with the QVL?

Wait, is it confirmed incompatible, or is it just not on the QVL?

When something isn't on the QVL, its compatibility is unknown, not inherently negative.

The issues did not really start when I got the new RAM. They started when I had a few short outs, because of a faulty power cable, which is why I mentioned the PSU first.

davemon50
Level 11
Seems like you are playing words. If it isn't on the QVL, you either shouldn't use it or at the least you should expect potential issues. The boot loops like you showed in your video are typically memory having to retrain itself. Some of the BIOS settings being changed will also cause that. If you are always getting it, then if I were you I would use the memory that your manual tells you is approved. No one can tell you what to do, but if you don't follow the manual then you should probably expect problems.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Seems like you are playing words.

I am not playing words, and that is not nice of you to say. I perfer no advice at all vs. one that includes such statements.

I quoted what QVL means. It could be the RAM, but things don't add up to support that theory at this time, as mentioned. So, be this about the RAM after all, I am inclined to replace mobo, the cpu and the ram btw.

davemon50
Level 11
Ok, on your own I guess. Good luck. Some people simply cannot be helped.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Some people simply cannot be helped.

You need to stop being so bitter when your opinion is challenged

Hopefully, there are other folks here, ready for a constructive conversation.

davemon50
Level 11
Just get over it and try one stick of RAM on the list and see if your problem is resolved. If not then you've provided the troubleshooting you need on your RAM. Your personal attacks are not appreciated.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Just get over it and try one stick of RAM on the list and see if your problem is resolved. If not then you've provided the troubleshooting you need on your RAM. Your personal attacks are not appreciated.

I've seen your latest reply, before you edited it

> Last edited by davemon50; Today at 04:32 PM

It included the bit that read:
"There's a reason why your post was 6 months old and no one answered."

How dare you! I reported your behavior, and am asking you to stay away from this thread and myself in the future. I am not interested anymore in what you have to say.