cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability problems with RAM or CPU

xGoldilx
Level 7
Hi Everyone!

Form longer time I have big problems with my PC. It started with random suspensions. When I changed my settings for ram to XMP 3866 computer started to crash completely randomly. Sometimes twice a day sometimes ones a week. But freezes was weird. Everything was working just screen freezed and in headphones I heard sound like short circuit. When I restarted after that there was an error F sometging. I don't remember exactly what now. I had to turned off XPM profile and everything go back to normal. Initially I was thinking thats maybe because old instalation in my flat and there are some voltage drops. I bought UPS and reset everything. From that time it's happened olny ones or twice. But a new problem appeared. Now when I'm turning on PC there is an error from CPU: E4 detecting memory. After that I need to hard reset, go to BIOS just esc without changes and PC start running. Thats happening every time when I turning on PC. I'm thinking the whole problems are because wrong voltage or timings on RAM. Hopfeully someone can help me with this, because I try everything I know and still didn't find solutions to this. I'm asking you guys because I'm desperate now 😞

PC:
15 REPLIES 15

GTi-6
Level 8
Rampage 6 Extreme is a problematic board. I also have same "Detect Memory" errors on cold boot and resume from sleep. I tried everything from XMP to Manual. Even bought another memory kit from QVL but didn't help.

GTi-6 wrote:
Rampage 6 Extreme is a problematic board. I also have same "Detect Memory" errors on cold boot and resume from sleep. I tried everything from XMP to Manual. Even bought another memory kit from QVL but didn't help.

I'm using it for like 2 years. Always was some problems, but with detecting memory it's something new now. That's TOP Asus MB and they should do something with this because I see many people have a problem with diferent memorys.

I tried now manual settings. I will test now for a bit and I will let you know Guys what's going on.

Ok everything looks ok for now. I did settings like that: 3600MHz standard timings 18-19-19-39 but I changed V to 1.37. I run 30min stress test and everything passed ok. Next turned on from cold passed without an error. Will see stability and starting for next few days and I will update you Guys.

Thanks for your help!

cekeu
Level 12
I had this problem with the R6E with the BIOS following the BIOS version 1503. Since you have the CPU 7900X I suggest you try the BIOS 1503 (install it using BIOS Flashback) and I am sure that you do not will no longer have this problem. It costs nothing to try.

Unfortunately still the same. I have a day off Today and I will try more options. If someone can help me with timings and frequency what I should use I will be grateful!

I had the same Problem using a 10980xe and 128GB Corsair Domiator 3600mhz. With these settings I had no more problems

Xtreme Tweaking: enabled

External Digi Power Control
DRAM Powerr Phase Control 140%
CPU System Agent Boot Voltage 1.10
CPU VCCIO Boot Voltage 1.15

CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.10
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.05
PCH Core Voltage 1.0