cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single core - 100% CPU - high interrupts on ACPI

iransofaraway
Level 7
Hi folks. I bought an Prime X299-Deluxe and a Core i9-7900X - I've had them for months now but keep having a random issue. Sometimes, after rebooting, one of my cores will be maxed at 100% constantly, and checking DPC interrupts shows ACPI.SYS is the culprit. No amount of rebooting, changing drivers, etc seems to correct it - rebooting sometimes fixes it - if I shut down completely and power off the system for like five minutes, then boot back up, the problem sometimes goes away. Sometimes I have to swap around PCI-E cards. It's just bonkers. I've built many computers in my life, and know what I'm doing, but this has me stumped.

I found this other user on Reddit having the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7puiip/win_10_bug_acpisys_always_maxes_out_one_of_my_cpu... - and I have that same motherboard and SSD, but slightly different CPU. The Microsoft tech in that thread seemed to indicate that they looked at the logs and it's possibly an issue with ASUS?

Has anyone experienced anything like this on their X299 hardware? Any tips/ways to get it fixed? I'm already running latest BIOS firmware for my board, and latest drivers on everything.
86 REPLIES 86

DooRules wrote:
All I did was open task manager and go to cpu performance. Change look to logical processors and you could see one core hammering away. Close Aida and it dropped right off. Open it back up and the same core picked back up again. Little different method but same result.
Good find Silent scone. Thanks for the heads up. 😄

No such issue with Hwinfo.

Hi,

Try this version: https://forums.aida64.com/topic/4148-aida64-v597-is-out/?tab=comments#comment-19524

You can disable the module (for Aquareo) in AIDA under HWMon Modules, too
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Hi,

Try this version: https://forums.aida64.com/topic/4148-aida64-v597-is-out/?tab=comments#comment-19524

You can disable the module (for Aquareo) in AIDA under HWMon Modules, too

Still have one core getting hammered with this version.
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

DooRules wrote:
Still have one core getting hammered with this version.

Can you disable Aquareo under HMon Modules as suggested above? (Can't test mine yet, so curious). You may need to enable status bar first from menu > view first.

My issue was resolved by installing the chipset driver suggested by you! Havent tried overclocking my system yet*

EDIT: i just ran OCCT and now it is back, the issue! Im gonna see if i can replicate this again.

It's an issue that happens randomly for me- no rhyme or reason - just luck of the draw on full shutdown/reboot.

I do not run AIDA at all, so I don't believe it's the problem.

I already have the latest ME drivers/firmware from ASUS.

iransofaraway wrote:
It's an issue that happens randomly for me- no rhyme or reason - just luck of the draw on full shutdown/reboot.

I do not run AIDA at all, so I don't believe it's the problem.

I already have the latest ME drivers/firmware from ASUS.

It is, however, for some of us. It's still likely the root cause is the same

Silent Scone wrote:
It is, however, for some of us. It's still likely the root cause is the same

can someone replicate this, anyone know what triggers the issue?
I have asus support and i could need some help pinpointing this*

cRiTza wrote:
can someone replicate this, anyone know what triggers the issue?
I have asus support and i could need some help pinpointing this*

Not sure yet, when I hear back from AIDA support I might know more.

There's no way for me to intentionally trigger it; other than trying to completely shut down and power off, restart my machine over and over to fix it.

Sprayingmango
Level 10
I was having issues with Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0 on my RVIE build. It was causing issues in games with stuttering, I had to completely disable TBMax and it solved all of my issues.