cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single core - 100% CPU - high interrupts on ACPI

iransofaraway
Level 7
Hi folks. I bought an Prime X299-Deluxe and a Core i9-7900X - I've had them for months now but keep having a random issue. Sometimes, after rebooting, one of my cores will be maxed at 100% constantly, and checking DPC interrupts shows ACPI.SYS is the culprit. No amount of rebooting, changing drivers, etc seems to correct it - rebooting sometimes fixes it - if I shut down completely and power off the system for like five minutes, then boot back up, the problem sometimes goes away. Sometimes I have to swap around PCI-E cards. It's just bonkers. I've built many computers in my life, and know what I'm doing, but this has me stumped.

I found this other user on Reddit having the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7puiip/win_10_bug_acpisys_always_maxes_out_one_of_my_cpu... - and I have that same motherboard and SSD, but slightly different CPU. The Microsoft tech in that thread seemed to indicate that they looked at the logs and it's possibly an issue with ASUS?

Has anyone experienced anything like this on their X299 hardware? Any tips/ways to get it fixed? I'm already running latest BIOS firmware for my board, and latest drivers on everything.
86 REPLIES 86

cRiTza wrote:
So i recieved a test BIOS from ASUS for the prime x299-a. I haven´t had an issue with the core 2 100% since installing this BIOS.

Asus asked me not to spread this BIOS version since it was a test, but said that this problem was a BIOS problem and wasn´t related to Thunderbolt so hopefully everyone will benefit from this.

Could you please send me the BIOS so I'm able to send to AIDA for replication. I don't have this board here to try myself.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

cRiTza wrote:
So i recieved a test BIOS from ASUS for the prime x299-a. I haven´t had an issue with the core 2 100% since installing this BIOS.

Asus asked me not to spread this BIOS version since it was a test, but said that this problem was a BIOS problem and wasn´t related to Thunderbolt so hopefully everyone will benefit from this.

This is excellent news, thanks for sharing.

Did they give any ETA on when that new BIOS will be released?

Would you share your ASUS case number so that all of us can contact ASUS about the test BIOS? They're very scrambled in general and perhaps they will be able to share the new test BIOS with us as well to try out.

And just to confirm - you are still using the Thunderboltex3 card?

Ramalama
Level 7
Hey guys, awesome, thank you for finding... My games runs extremely laggy, and after i removed the thunderbolt card, everything is butter smooth now... What an crap that asus does...
So basically we buyed an thunderbolt card and we cant use it on asus boards... Lol

Ulos_fr
Level 7
Hi,
If you are Happy now. Plz tale 10 min to make a ticket.
Maybe one day we will be to use thunderbolt 3 on asus x299 without issue...
Right now,Tbt 3, Thunderbolt 3 definitely doesn't work on asus x299.*

Ulos_fr
Level 7
Hi,

Today just receive a 1401 beta for x299 RVIE,I have to wait next week to test it and will give you some news...
Maybe we will have working TBT 3!!!

echelon
Level 7
I have tried to contact ASUS Sweeden / Nordic? but no reply until now, can someone share/pm me the bios test version for Asus Rampage VI Extreme?

Ulos_fr
Level 7
Hi all,

Good news 1401 send by asus for r6e fix thunderbolt3 issue, whaouuuuu 9 months of fight...*
just test it quickly 30 min, too much work this summer and the computer with asus mb is in my vacation home (i switch for x299 designare for working, asus is too much hazardous stuff, don't want to loose customer with bad hardware...)
but i can say it's working!
Pm if need the fix.*