cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Releases NEW NVMe Driver 3.0

Superbowl
Level 7
It looks as though our friends as Samsung have put out a new driver for the Microsoft April Creators Windows 10 Update. It is driver 3.0.1803 that obviously is the driver to go with Windows version 1803.

I think I will wait on this one to see how it works for people. If anyone wants to try it please let us know how it works. TIA

Get it here :

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/
14 REPLIES 14

Snakeyes
Level 11
Thank you Superbowl
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?

Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.

MirceaForce
Level 8
intalled and tested for speed no improvement

but will come up if something bad will happen
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date

MirceaForce wrote:
intalled and tested for speed no improvement

but will come up if something bad will happen

Who said anything about improvement? All you guys are paranoid....why do you think Samsung would release bad drivers and harm your systems? I have NEVER EVER had any issues with NVME drivers from Samsung. I simply don't understand your logic. Did someone hurt you when you were a child? And now you think everyone is after you and make you download a driver that will ruin your life? Stupid!
Nothing is wrong wit this 3.0 driver. I am sure this driver has something to do with security. There are some security certificates in this 3. 0 driver. And this driver is made for the April Windows 10 update......just like other vendors do. Nothing strange about that.

emsir wrote:
Who said anything about improvement? All you guys are paranoid....why do you think Samsung would release bad drivers and harm your systems? I have NEVER EVER had any issues with NVME drivers from Samsung. I simply don't understand your logic. Did someone hurt you when you were a child? And now you think everyone is after you and make you download a driver that will ruin your life? Stupid!
Nothing is wrong wit this 3.0 driver. I am sure this driver has something to do with security. There are some security certificates in this 3. 0 driver. And this driver is made for the April Windows 10 update......just like other vendors do. Nothing strange about that.

read this topic if don't know please this does not help

https://www.win-raid.com/t2041f38-SAMSUNG-PRO-NVMe-SSD-unsafe-shutdowns-NVMe-driver-W-x-unexpected-s...

in the past they did have problems
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date

emsir wrote:

Samsung also had huge problems with new firmware on the 960 Pro. They put out such bad firmware that lots of users has their entire SSD drive freezing and bricked. They had to RMA some of the hard drives it was such a big problem. It took them about 3 months to issue new firmware, and you could not revert to the old firmware. So the short answer is, yes, Samsung does put out faulty software. I would be careful with any new drivers or firmware Samsung puts out. Test and use at your own risk.