Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog rampage vi extreme omega

csbin
Level 7
360 REPLIES 360

Greetings to all!

Has anyone else had problems getting their front panel audio headphone jack working? I have all of the software (Realtek [have tried both versions], Sonic Radar 3, Sonic Studio 3) installed (after reinstalled) and cables connected, but the system doesn't allow selection of the jack for use and has no sound to it--this after trying Device Manager update searches, Intel update searches (both saying all is up to date) and looking at "Sound" under "Windows System" Settings [Windows 10 Troubleshooter under the control panel shows the jack is there]. On the bottom right corner of your screen there is an audio icon and it should have a front panel headphone jack option there, but it doesn't in my case. I also have a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and the front panel headphone option is always there whenever you like--so you can either have your sound coming out your back panel or your front panel headphone jack (along with other options).

Any thoughts or assistance would be awesome. I am otherwise a huge fan of the new motherboard--and all has gone smoothly in getting the system up and running except for a few software/CPU issues maybe unrelated to the board itself: like why it was necessary to turn Cortana off because it was using one of the CPU cores at 100%. Well, and the same issue (using one CPU core at 100%) with Gamefirst V (the version downloaded using Armory Crate mainly, plus the second app/version [?] via Overwolf--which was no help and didn't really do anything). Gamefirst V also refuses to open and starts automatically. To prevent the one core CPU 100% issue Gamefirst V currently warrants uninstalling as I don't like CPU cores heating up.

JustinThyme
Level 13
RichKnecht wrote:
I looked at the Sage boards, but couldn't find any reviews or other information about how they handled overclocking. I'm also looking hard at the Deluxe II as it has better VRMs that the previous version. Price is the same for the Sage and Deluxe II and both are readily available. As I mentioned, lights to me don't really matter and I would just turn them all off. I actually prefer the looks of the Apex, but that is long gone.

Sage is a solid Workstation board where you can run your graphics cards in SLI (up to 4), with more PCIe slots than any other ASUS board that I know of. If it had come out before the R6E that is what would be in my rig. This new board is extremly disappointing. Dont care about loss of bling but do care about loss of PCIe slots and VROC and god only knows what else as there are no published specs. Matter of fact if this was the only ASUS board..........Id be buying Asrock or EVGA.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Sage is a solid Workstation board where you can run your graphics cards in SLI (up to 4), with more PCIe slots than any other ASUS board that I know of. If it had come out before the R6E that is what would be in my rig. This new board is extremly disappointing. Dont care about loss of bling but do care about loss of PCIe slots and VROC and god only knows what else as there are no published specs. Matter of fact if this was the only ASUS board..........Id be buying Asrock or EVGA.

Is the Sage board a good solution for gaming too ?

JustinThyme
Level 13
I’m in too deep already. I have kids in college making the term disposable income no longer part or my reality. That $25K I had to crap from thin air this morning is enough to make people cry. The real kicker is I constantly hear people complaining about how the US higher education system is unfair and how the financially challenged are cut out because they can never go. Yet last semester when we were at the bookstore out of the 30 or so students in there I was the only one paying, all the rest had some sort or card issued by what ever aide they are getting so it cost them zero for new books while I spent more than $1000 for used ones. Let me stop!*
Enjoy your rig!! *You wanna adopt a couple of young adults?*

MSRP I’ve been seeing is $8K for the chip leaked at CES but no one will know until it hits the shelves. Supposed to be able to hit 5GHz but you need a chiller for the 1.2KW heat load for just the chip!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I’m in too deep already. I have kids in college making the term disposable income no longer part or my reality. That $25K I had to crap from thin air this morning is enough to make people cry. The real kicker is I constantly hear people complaining about how the US higher education system is unfair and how the financially challenged are cut out because they can never go. Yet last semester when we were at the bookstore out of the 30 or so students in there I was the only one paying, all the rest had some sort or card issued by what ever aide they are getting so it cost them zero for new books while I spent more than $1000 for used ones. Let me stop!*
Enjoy your rig!! *You wanna adopt a couple of young adults?*

MSRP I’ve been seeing is $8K for the chip leaked at CES but no one will know until it hits the shelves. Supposed to be able to hit 5GHz but you need a chiller for the 1.2KW heat load for just the chip!

Currently this side of the pond you'll be looking at or just north of £4k (OCUK Source).
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

G75rog
Level 10
Sorry. I'm 72 and mine are long done. Not planning on an OC fest here, just shopping for pci lanes. I'll peruse SuperMicro's 3647 offerings too.

G75rog wrote:
Sorry. I'm 72 and mine are long done. Not planning on an OC fest here, just shopping for pci lanes. I'll peruse SuperMicro's 3647 offerings too.
you have a few years on me, 16 to be exact. Yes I was late getting started. My oldest was born when I was 38. *I’ll still let you adopt them though!:rolleyes:

Sprayingmango
Level 10
So it's safe to say that these boards are not upgrades from the current Rampage VI Extreme, right? From what I see there is nothing special going on.

Sprayingmango wrote:
So it's safe to say that these boards are not upgrades from the current Rampage VI Extreme, right? From what I see there is nothing special going on.
I was really ready to build with the Omega, but now I'm having second thoughts...

RichKnecht
Level 7
I guess I am the oddball here as I really like the looks of the Omega over the Extreme. IMO, it doesn't look "cheap" at all. They used black anodized aluminum for the covers and the VRMs look like what they should have been in the beginning. I'm not a huge gamer, so I don't want or need 3 GPUs. I have a feeling this will be a big step up from my X299 Strix.