cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog rampage vi extreme bios and stock intel i9 10920x frequency boost.

lingaraju06
Level 9
i have the latest BIOS and have i9 10920x cpu with xmp enabled and asus multicore enhancements disabled and override set to use intel turbo boost max 3.0 while in windows, my question is that per processor specs it should boost to 4.6ghz on all cores and to 4.8ghz on 2 performing cores and i have tried various apps to stress test and both avx setting in bios is set to 1 with load line calibration at 3 with 100% current capability but all processor cores boost to and stay at 4.3ghz only and not boost as per intel stock specs, i was playing around one day a few weeks ago and disabled ITB in BIOS so windows can determine voltage and frequency and saw it boost to 4.8ghz but i also had c state enabled but it was causing some wierd issues while playing oculus rift VR games and changed back to ITB enabled, what am i doing wrong or is it a problem with the BIOS, any help appreciated.
Asus z790 apex, i9 13900k, g.skill 6400mhz 2x 16gb ram, MSI rtx 4090 suprim x, wdblack sn850 nvme boot drive, seasonic 1200w PSU.
8 REPLIES 8

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
lingaraju06 wrote:
i have the latest BIOS and have i9 10920x cpu with xmp enabled and asus multicore enhancements disabled and override set to use intel turbo boost max 3.0 while in windows, my question is that per processor specs it should boost to 4.6ghz on all cores and to 4.8ghz on 2 performing cores and i have tried various apps to stress test and both avx setting in bios is set to 1 with load line calibration at 3 with 100% current capability but all processor cores boost to and stay at 4.3ghz only and not boost as per intel stock specs, i was playing around one day a few weeks ago and disabled ITB in BIOS so windows can determine voltage and frequency and saw it boost to 4.8ghz but i also had c state enabled but it was causing some wierd issues while playing oculus rift VR games and changed back to ITB enabled, what am i doing wrong or is it a problem with the BIOS, any help appreciated.

Turn off xmp and clear your bios and start over. Hand tune your memory timings. Set your bios to manual instead of xmp and set your core settings to per core usage and that should fix most of your issues.

tried all that you said but still no effect.
Asus z790 apex, i9 13900k, g.skill 6400mhz 2x 16gb ram, MSI rtx 4090 suprim x, wdblack sn850 nvme boot drive, seasonic 1200w PSU.

lingaraju06 wrote:
tried all that you said but still no effect.

Have you tried to use the flashback option to flash your bios to make sure it isn't corrupt because mine went corrupt on me for certain and flashing back fixed it. It's either that or, you're missing something.

thewebsiteisdown wrote:
Have you tried to use the flashback option to flash your bios to make sure it isn't corrupt because mine went corrupt on me for certain and flashing back fixed it. It's either that or, you're missing something.

Yes i used flashback to revert to 0802 bios provided by asus and then back to modded 3006 and since the microcode was only for skylake x and i have cascade lake x and flashed back to 3006 provided by asus and system boots and everything works fine except for my issue, i remember using driver easy to install some drivers for intel performance maximizer to work on my system and i believe it did something and now i cant remember what it updated, i guess i have use restore point to go previous or fresh install windows, thank you.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Remove power from MOBO.
Restart and do all core synch, Turbo boost max is garbage and should be uninstalled,
Turn off the ASUS enhanced selection and leave it with XMP off for first boot.
Mine is set to 48 all cores and using adaptive Vcore to lowest stable. I wouuld set Avx to 3 and 512 to 5 for starters and Adaptive Vcore with additional turbo to 1.2

LLC to 5 and current to at least 140% power limit long and short to max of 4095

heres a vid on an older board but same applies and good starting point.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/video-guide-der8auer-overclocks-rog-rampage-v-edition-10/

BigJohnny wrote:
Remove power from MOBO.
Restart and do all core synch, Turbo boost max is garbage and should be uninstalled,
Turn off the ASUS enhanced selection and leave it with XMP off for first boot.
Mine is set to 48 all cores and using adaptive Vcore to lowest stable. I wouuld set Avx to 3 and 512 to 5 for starters and Adaptive Vcore with additional turbo to 1.2

LLC to 5 and current to at least 140% power limit long and short to max of 4095

heres a vid on an older board but same applies and good starting point.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/video-guide-der8auer-overclocks-rog-rampage-v-edition-10/

If i set per core OC settings my PC in stable at 4.8ghz with 1.29v but i have no need to OC my cpu and just sufficient for me to use stick cpu specs and i believe i might have wrong drivers so a fresh install is probably forward.

BigJohnny
Level 13
If you have no need then dont bother with anything
Leave it as as, Load optimized defaults, done.
1.29Vcore is a lot of juice for stock! Its a lot of juice for a water cooled OC.
3006 is buggy as Ive seen yet.
I tried it, made my temps go up considerably, dumped PCIE GPU and haad to reload my drivers and constant BSOD WHEA UnkownError on 9940X with exact same settings as previous BIOS on RVIE. Back to 2002 for me.
BTW Im running 4.8 Stable all cores and cool with 2 more cores at 1.220 only time Ive cranked mine to 1.295 was 5.1 GHz OC on all cores.

BigJohnny wrote:
If you have no need then dont bother with anything
Leave it as as, Load optimized defaults, done.
1.29Vcore is a lot of juice for stock! Its a lot of juice for a water cooled OC.
3006 is buggy as Ive seen yet.
I tried it, made my temps go up considerably, dumped PCIE GPU and haad to reload my drivers and constant BSOD WHEA UnkownError on 9940X with exact same settings as previous BIOS on RVIE. Back to 2002 for me.
BTW Im running 4.8 Stable all cores and cool with 2 more cores at 1.220 only time Ive cranked mine to 1.295 was 5.1 GHz OC on all cores.

I have not set voltages manually and they are on auto and load line llc at 3 with 100% current for cpu and ram and optimized setting and i used per core settings and left voltages auto and the voltages i see are set by the bios itself i guess, anyway fresh windows install last night with 20h1 version and still the same cpu stuck at 4.3ghz boost and windows powerplan at performance or balanced doesnt make a difference, have not used any driver aoftware to install drivers just asus provided drivers, i might have to switch back to 0802 bios for now.