cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Omega New Bios 3201

Super_Gnome
Level 11
There are a lot of threads here and on other forums that detail Bios problems in recent weeks, months, and the last couple of years. And while you might think so, it's not only Asus, to be honest. And, people have reported not only a number of problems but have even had new problems when afterwards reverting to older Bioses. Hence, a lot of us wonder what, if anything we should do when a new Bios is released. In my case, following installing these new releases, I have had a number of problems including repeated crashes, sudden shutdowns, odd clock speed and temperature problems, you name it. I personally have my settings to nearly all default except for a few tweaks of fans speeds and memory settings. In two cases, once having reverted, it has meant putting the computer in the closet for a number of months, having to reinstall Windows multiple times, etc. and loads of lost time.

Some of us need reliable computers, and that the case, if anyone installs this, if you would detail any problems, or report on not having any that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a computer professional has recommended not installing these new releases. My question in relation to this is whether or not that is good advice.

Version 3201
2020/11/12 9.82 MBytes
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA BIOS 3201
"01. Improve system performance and stability.
02. Fix SSD device issue.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (R6EO.CAP) using BIOSRenamer. "
15 REPLIES 15

MirceaForce wrote:
did you did those steps to reset bios ?

Again, thanks for the info. And not yet. But when I do have and make time I will definitely follow your directions. Honestly, I had no idea you should do those things and have never heard that before--but doing things like setting all to default settings makes sense. Regardless, the next time I have time and muster the courage to try one of the newer Bioses I will follow your directions.

virgil990
Level 7
I’m having pretty serious issues with 3201. Issues started with 3105. Was getting memory errors that were eventually resolved. Now the NVMe Dimm is completely useless. Had 2 Evo 970s in it. Took a while to figure out what was going on. Drives would appear and disappear randomly in Diskpart. Once I could get them recognized and formatted the system would randomly BSOD when transferring data to the drives. It would corrupt the drive and prevent the system from booting to Windows until the drives were removed. Put both drives in my AW15, no issues, no errors. 3201 says it fixed the “SSD Issues” I would argue they still have work to do. On board NVMe seems to work so I’m moving everything there and getting the PCIE M.2 Card to try to get my other drives working. Been about 2 weeks since I’ve had a stable system. System is stable on 3201 Win 10 Pro 20H2 with Dimm module removed.

RichKnecht
Level 7
I flashed 3201 onto my Omega when I switched from a bare die 7900x to my 10980XE. I couldn’t get a decent OC without high temps or just plain instability. A few nights ago, I went to Asus’ website and downloaded 3006 as 0802 didn’t seem to work with my 10980. Applied the same 4.7 OC settings I was trying with 3201and I was able to drop voltage needed by quite a bit. I’m at 4.8 now with 1.23V and *max temps dropped from 86 to 79. Going to try and tweak it a bit more, but I’m staying with 3006.*

RichKnecht wrote:
I flashed 3201 onto my Omega when I switched from a bare die 7900x to my 10980XE. I couldn’t get a decent OC without high temps or just plain instability. A few nights ago, I went to Asus’ website and downloaded 3006 as 0802 didn’t seem to work with my 10980. Applied the same 4.7 OC settings I was trying with 3201and I was able to drop voltage needed by quite a bit. I’m at 4.8 now with 1.23V and *max temps dropped from 86 to 79. Going to try and tweak it a bit more, but I’m staying with 3006.*

I'm running this bios same OC as the bios before it for me 4.8 1.99v.

sehlat
Level 10
Wow, I'm still on version 0602! I've been kind of hesitant to update the BIOS on my Omega with all the complaints concerning the newer BIOS updates and I've put it off. At this point, if I leave it on the older version, my system would be vulnerable. There's also a new problem that's cropped up. Occasionally I'm getting a cold boot error, Code A2 Detect HDD, which won't even allow me into the BIOS despite the screen logo showing. To get into the BIOS screen and then finally into Windows, I have to power down the system and turn it back on. Reset doesn't work. The MB has to power off fully. Once is usually successful. So if I decide to update the BIOS for this board as part of my troubleshooting, which version seems to be the most stable? 3006 or earlier? I hate to install the newest version with all the complaints about CPU performance.

RichKnecht
Level 7
I went back to 0802 on my Omega. Tried a modded 3006 bios, but 0802 is still my "go-to".