So I built a new system around the Rampage VI Extreme Encore and need some help getting my drives set up in the ideal configuration. I've got 4 matching 2TB NVME drives installed in the four M.2 slots (2 onboard, 2 on DIMM.2). I'm installing Linux directly on the system and may run Windows in a VM for those applications. Ideally, I would install the swap and root partitions on a single drive, and set the other 3 up as a single volume for /home. Happy to use RAID or anything else to create the single volume.
So far I've:
- Updated the BIOS.
- Set CPU PCIE Mode to Mode 2 (x16, x16, x4) to turn on DIMM.2_2 slot.
- Set M.2_2 & PCIEX4_1 source selection to M.2_2.
- Set SATA Mode Selection to Intel RST.
- Set M.2_1 PCIE Storage Raid Support to OFF (boot/swap drive).
- Set M.2_2 PCIE Storage Raid Support to ON (hope to be part of 3 drive array with DIMM.2 drives).
Currently I can only see the one M.2_2 drive in the Intel RST setup section in BIOS. Neither of the DIMM.2 drives appear there. Any suggestions how to accomplish this? I believe it should be possible.
- Rampave VI Extreme Encore
- i9 10920x
- 4x 2TB 970 Evo Plus
- 1000w PSU
Thanks for any help.