cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Encore Cold Boot - AF Detect Memory

Tyler_jrb
Level 7
Wondering if anyone could shed light onto a cold boot issue I am having with my rampage 6 Extreme Encore.

I originally had non qvl memory and was having crashes and other such issues as well as a cold boot af code detect memory every time resulting in powering off and on the system via power button. Then system posts in safe mode and restart, reloads, posts fine and everything working perfectly again.

Swapped out to 32gb 4x8gb Corsair lpx 3600mhz which the exact model is on the boards qvl list.

Loaded up with XMP and works perfectly, tested several hours of prime 95 and memtest no single issue. Several hours of gaming no single issue. Several hours of other stress tests, no issue. System works perfectly.

Yet I’m still getting the same cold boot message of detect memory. Again hold power button, power back on into safe mode, restart posts fine and system works without fault until the next time I start from cold boot again.

Tried upping dram voltage, vccio and vccsa voltage up and down, manual timings and voltages, uncore offset, enable dram cold fast boot, fast boot and dram training. And no difference still the exact same issue.

I can confirm that stock memory speeds it doesn’t do this. But at XMP settings which is 100% stable in os results in the error every time. Not a huge problem but annoying and means messing around restarting system everytime I want to use it.

Bios is also latest.

Anyone have any suggestions that may help fix the issue?

CPU is 10980XE
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

dennys2009
Level 9
Tyler_jrb wrote:
Wondering if anyone could shed light onto a cold boot issue I am having with my rampage 6 Extreme Encore.

I originally had non qvl memory and was having crashes and other such issues as well as a cold boot af code detect memory every time resulting in powering off and on the system via power button. Then system posts in safe mode and restart, reloads, posts fine and everything working perfectly again.

Swapped out to 32gb 4x8gb Corsair lpx 3600mhz which the exact model is on the boards qvl list.

Loaded up with XMP and works perfectly, tested several hours of prime 95 and memtest no single issue. Several hours of gaming no single issue. Several hours of other stress tests, no issue. System works perfectly.

Yet I’m still getting the same cold boot message of detect memory. Again hold power button, power back on into safe mode, restart posts fine and system works without fault until the next time I start from cold boot again.

Tried upping dram voltage, vccio and vccsa voltage up and down, manual timings and voltages, uncore offset, enable dram cold fast boot, fast boot and dram training. And no difference still the exact same issue.

I can confirm that stock memory speeds it doesn’t do this. But at XMP settings which is 100% stable in os results in the error every time. Not a huge problem but annoying and means messing around restarting system everytime I want to use it.

Bios is also latest.

Anyone have any suggestions that may help fix the issue?

CPU is 10980XE
Thank you.

Roll back to BIOS 0401 and everything will work great

Same board and processor and same problem. Did you find a fix? Was reverting to an older BIOS a solution?

Hopper64
Level 15
XMP settings are not so stable on mine. I reverted to all manual settings in the bios. That seems to have fixed things for me.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro