cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI extreme doesn't respect "ignore cpu fan speed lower limit"

protoproto3
Level 7
Hi there,

Regarding a ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard...

I've got a water cooled setup so nothing is plugged into the cpu fan header.

This worked fine for months until I updated to the latest bios. Since then on boot it complains that "CPU fan speed error detected".

I've gone to monitoring > q-fan configuration and set the CPU fan control "cpu fan speed lower limit" to "Ignore".

However this doesn't help - I still can't boot and get the same issue.

I also tried setting CPU q-fan control from auto to disabled. This also didn't help.

Note that if I plug in a fan it does let me boot.

So it seems my bios are ignoring my choice to ignore cpu fan speed lower limit...

How can this be fixed?

Many thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

bogsha
Level 10
Hi,
in Bios go to "MONITOR" scroll down to "CPU Fan" then choose "IGNORE"

bogsha wrote:
Hi,
in Bios go to "MONITOR" scroll down to "CPU Fan" then choose "IGNORE"

No luck 😞 Same issue...

cekeu
Level 12
Try plugging the AIO pump into the CPU Fan maybe

protoproto3 wrote:
Hi there,

Regarding a ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard...

I've got a water cooled setup so nothing is plugged into the cpu fan header.

This worked fine for months until I updated to the latest bios. Since then on boot it complains that "CPU fan speed error detected".

I've gone to monitoring > q-fan configuration and set the CPU fan control "cpu fan speed lower limit" to "Ignore".

However this doesn't help - I still can't boot and get the same issue.

I also tried setting CPU q-fan control from auto to disabled. This also didn't help.

Note that if I plug in a fan it does let me boot.

So it seems my bios are ignoring my choice to ignore cpu fan speed lower limit...

How can this be fixed?

Many thanks!

cekeu wrote:
Try plugging the AIO pump into the CPU Fan maybe

Thanks - yeah that would do the trick.
Still super annoyed this used to work fine until the bios update...

BigJohnny
Level 13
Ive had this with just about every ASUS MOBO Ive ever had. I just feed it the tach output of my aquaero. Doesnt matter whether I ignore it or not, It wont boot unless there is something there showing speed. You can plug in a case fan or just about anything to give is a signal and make sure you set that case fan to a static speed so it doesnt ramp up and down with the CPU, very annoying.

BigJohnny wrote:
Ive had this with just about every ASUS MOBO Ive ever had. I just feed it the tach output of my aquaero. Doesnt matter whether I ignore it or not, It wont boot unless there is something there showing speed. You can plug in a case fan or just about anything to give is a signal and make sure you set that case fan to a static speed so it doesnt ramp up and down with the CPU, very annoying.

That is simply insane! What makes this even more annoying is that all this used to work just fine until I updated the bios to the latest version... and then even reverting back didn't solve the issue.