cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Code 00

ervin-nez
Level 7
Hello..

I just bought a Rampage VI Extreme motherboard with Intel i7 7800x.
The old setup was with Rampage V Extreme and i7 6800k.

When I try to start up the PC it does start up and shut off and then starts up again.
The error code I get is Code 00 and the CPU light is red.
CPU is brand new from box but the motherboard is used.
I have tried CMOS and MemOk! but nothing happend on the MemOk! button.

Setup is listed on my profile specs just different motherboard and cpu (Asus Rampage VI Extreme & Intel i7 7800x).

What could be the issue for this code?
4 REPLIES 4

Rob_W_
Level 12
Check the pins are not bent or any missing,
Was the board working before you got it?
Set it up out of the case ( on top of its box) re seat cpu and make sure cooler is not too tight.
Really inspect cpu housing pins well!
Check all connections are in firmly to the board and psu as well.*

Sorry for the late replay...

The motherboard was from the same user "mjan8935" that posted about this issue 3 months ago.
He sold me his "non-working" motherboard as "fully working", instead of using warranty and sending it back.
The motherboard was sold to me just few days after his post here abot the error.
It was then I realized that the card was not working and got the CPU Code 00.
The user was not replaying to me any more..

It was still under warranty when I bought it so I returned it back to the store where it was bought from and told them what happend.
After more than 15 days luckly the store decided to give me a brand new one since they could not fix the issue.

Thanks for trying to help me about the issue, It is now solved thanks to warranty.

ervin-nez wrote:
Sorry for the late replay...

The motherboard I was from the same user "mjan8935" that posted about this issue 3 months ago.
He sold me his "non-working" motherboard as "fully working", instead of using warranty and sending it back.
The motherboard was sold to me just few days after his post here abot the error.
It was then I realized that the card was not working and got the CPU Code 00.
The user was not replaying to me any more..

It was still under warranty when I bought it so I returned it back to the store where it was bought from and told them what happend.
After more than 15 days luckly the store decided to give me a brand new one since they could not fix the issue.

Thanks for trying to help me about the issue, It is now solved thanks to warranty.

If that was the case and they sold it to you as fully working that is a raw deal and fraudulent. Can't imagine they will show there face on this board again. I am glad you were able to sort it out though. It is a nice board.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

ervin-nez
Level 7
Yes it is, but unfortunately the police won't do anything here in Sweden if it is a deal between two individuals. They need to get complains from alot of people about the same person and then it's still IF they will do anything. The person I bought the card from is also from Sweden but he lives about 8 hours drive from me so the chances I see the guy is very small if I don't go to where he live. But today I had luck on my side that the company he bought it from gave me a new one on warranty.
Alot of people here know about this guy now and thanked me for the warning them about him scamming people.