cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE VI Extreme BIG FREEZES - can't boot.

sha33
Level 7
Hi there.
I'm kind of lost now. I have bought a Rampage VI extreme. Here is my specs :

32 GB Corsair RGB Vengeance 3000MHZ - IS on the QVL
GTX1080 EVGA - was in my previous build, working properly
PSU Lepa P1700M 1700 Watts
I9 7900X

I CAN'T get the system to wrk properly. Always Freezes. 10 seconds in Windows and everything Freezes. I tried every BIOS i found, from 1301 to 1002, to 1102, to 0601. Absolutely no changes. Yesterday, i don't know how, i was able to play Far Cry 5 without problem. But this morning, again same problem. Tried my only 1 stck, 2 sticks, with and without XMP. I'm Lost now, thinking of RMA.

By the way, how long does it take for asus to change a Motherboard like this?

Thanks,
17 REPLIES 17

Silent Scone wrote:
Can you list what exactly is connected to the rear IO and also internally.

so drives etc and also whether they're in a RAID array of any kind and which M. slot etc.

Rear IO : Ethernet, Razer Keyboard and Mouse.
Internally : POwer ON/OFF for the case, ATX power, EATX 8 pin power supply.
1 M2 SSD Samsung 960 EVO on slot 1 (also tried on the dimm2)
GTX 1080 in the first PCIE x16 slot.

sha33 wrote:
Rear IO : Ethernet, Razer Keyboard and Mouse.
Internally : POwer ON/OFF for the case, ATX power, EATX 8 pin power supply.
1 M2 SSD Samsung 960 EVO on slot 1 (also tried on the dimm2)
GTX 1080 in the first PCIE x16 slot.

A few users were having similar issues not too long ago, might be worth a try.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/26395928-post819.html

Try the settings here posted by Raja under DRAM Timing > IO Control.

I'd suggest trying the first values at stock (without XMP). These are very much CPU specific so you can try adjusting them incrementally.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
A few users were having similar issues not too long ago, might be worth a try.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/26395928-post819.html

Try the settings here posted by Raja under DRAM Timing > IO Control.

I'd suggest trying the first values at stock (without XMP). These are very much CPU specific so you can try adjusting them incrementally.

Thanks for the hint ! But no luck, still the same freeze, with and without XMP. I think the board has a problem.

sha33 wrote:
Thanks for the hint ! But no luck, still the same freeze, with and without XMP. I think the board has a problem.

Did you try adjusting the values incrementally?

Silent Scone wrote:
Did you try adjusting the values incrementally?

No, but it should run with default stock settings, you don't buy a 699$ board that don't run.. 😞
I just tried with my aorus x299 gaming 9; it ran immediately with 8 sticks, on XMP. The R6E really has lots of problems, as i saw on this forum. I just returned the board to buy the aorus one.

Thanks for your help everybody !

sha33 wrote:
No, but it should run with default stock settings, you don't buy a 699$ board that don't run.. 😞
I just tried with my aorus x299 gaming 9; it ran immediately with 8 sticks, on XMP. The R6E really has lots of problems, as i saw on this forum. I just returned the board to buy the aorus one.

Thanks for your help everybody !

Hi, no problem. Although had you done as I suggested it may have worked. CPU may have also needed reseating.

akaash00
Level 7
Please read this, in the beginning of my setup I had the exactly same problem. And then I finally foud out what the problem was. >Don't auto launch GameFirst IV at startup!<
It fixed for me. The problem is when it starts up too soon it limits some windows components(which it shouldn't do). Thats why everything gets super slow.
In you situation you have to be quick before it gets slow. As soon as you log in immediatly kill the gamefirst app. After that you can manually lauch it and disable it at startup. It works normal when you lauch it manually when you reboot.

I hope I helped your situation

Edit: I see I responded too late and you returned the board already. It was only a software issue:(
Can you still get it back?

akaash00 wrote:
Please read this, in the beginning of my setup I had the exactly same problem. And then I finally foud out what the problem was. >Don't auto launch GameFirst IV at startup!<
It fixed for me. The problem is when it starts up too soon it limits some windows components(which it shouldn't do). Thats why everything gets super slow.
In you situation you have to be quick before it gets slow. As soon as you log in immediatly kill the gamefirst app. After that you can manually lauch it and disable it at startup. It works normal when you lauch it manually when you reboot.

I hope I helped your situation

Edit: I see I responded too late and you returned the board already. It was only a software issue:(
Can you still get it back?

Hi !

Thanks for the hint but this software was already uninstalled ! It conflicted with the network for me, really slowed down the bandwidth of the Ethernet. And again, freezes don't happen only in windows, sometimes it froze when windows was loading... So this was not the solution, i think the board has a problem.