cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Apex computer boot/restart random no response/freeze stack at BIOS logo C9

Ligtstron
Level 7
Final update(Store do not allow exchange 3rd Motherboard):
Exchange a new board still same problem, after few hour get a BSOD then 64gb ddr4 ram only 32gb ram can use.(Two DIMM slots not working?)
First board I try reinstall all cable, Video Card, CPU CPU Cooling and change BIOS setting hope can solve the boot C9 problem.
A design for extreme overclocking product just change CPU voltage to 1.15v hope can solve the boot C9 problem than Store say it will damage the motherboard, Are you kidding me?

A video explain what happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVpKdPSbtc

The same problem THREAD:
I found a workaround for this however, i just turn my PSU off and wait till all lights die out, and turn my power back on, then my BIOS completes his post correctly...
But He get a new board solve his problem.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71074-Bootup-Problem&p=531356&viewfull=1#post531356

7920x+VI Apex if use plug in any drive to any USB3.0 port, some time boot/restart will stack at BIOS logo or blue sceen (WHEA UNCORRECTABKE ERROR).
If remove not thing plug in all USB3.0 port work well, other way need turn off PSU wait 1 min some time can normal start up with plug in drive to USB3.0 port.
Also some time will say can not detected cpu fan, but after press F1 BIOS can show CPU fan RPM.
Turn ErP S4+S5 on will cause this problem?(Already turn off hope can stop continue happen.)

BIOS 0601, 0802, 1004
Setting all Default setting

intel I9 7920x
Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB CMK64GX4M4A2666C16
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 p2
Fractal Design Define R5
Windows 10 Home x64

Plugged on the Motherboard list:
5.ATX power connectors 24-pin EATXPWR + 8-pin EATX12V1 + 8-pin EATX12V2
22.SATA6G_1
26.Front panel System panel connector 10-1 pin
31.U2_1314 USB 2.0 connector * 1
35.AAFP Front panel audio connector 10-1 pin

update:
Turn off ErP S4+S5 still not slove the problem, need turn off PSU wait 1 min every times when it happen.

update2:
Q code:9C or 35 , if stack at BIOS logo.

update3:
Turn off XMP set to Auto still stack at F2 BIOS logo.

update4:
Default setting same

update5:
1004 Bios fix 35.AAFP Front panel audio connector 10-1 pin not work.
9 REPLIES 9

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

Can you try with XMP disabled.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Hi,

Can you try with XMP disabled.

Ligtstron wrote:

Ok. Can you list what devices are plugged into the system? Have you tried removing one USB device at a time till the system is able to boot successfully?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Ok. Can you list what devices are plugged into the system? Have you tried removing one USB device at a time till the system is able to boot successfully?

Multiple AND single USB 3.1 gen 1 (5gb) Western Digital/Seagate ext hdds and thumbdrives (usb3.0/3.1-5g/2.0) would stuck at Press-F2/Del screen when plugged into any USB3.1 gen 1 (5gb) and the single USB3.1 (10gb) port. I tried using only 1 of those only, as consequence stuck at Press-F2/Del screen.

All the above works fine with the two USB2.0 ports.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Do you have anything plugged into the USB 3.1 header on the MOBO? Try unplugging that and using a rear port instead. If this alleviates the problem double check the wiring and physical ports for the external ports in your case.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Do you have anything plugged into the USB 3.1 header on the MOBO? Try unplugging that and using a rear port instead. If this alleviates the problem double check the wiring and physical ports for the external ports in your case.

Plugged on the Motherboard list:
5.ATX power connectors 24-pin EATXPWR + 8-pin EATX12V1 + 8-pin EATX12V2
22.SATA6G_1
26.Front panel System panel connector 10-1 pin
31.U2_1314 USB 2.0 connector * 1
35.AAFP Front panel audio connector 10-1 pin

No USB 3.0/3.1 header plugged into the Motherboard.

But 1004 Bios fix 35.AAFP Front panel audio connector 10-1 pin not work.

JustinThyme wrote:

I upload a video to explain what happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVpKdPSbtc

I find a same problem THREAD:
I found a workaround for this however, i just turn my PSU off and wait till all lights die out, and turn my power back on, then my BIOS completes his post correctly...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71074-Bootup-Problem&p=531356&viewfull=1#post531356

But He get a new board solve his problem.

Final update(Store do not allow exchange 3rd Motherboard.):
Exchange a new board still same problem, after few hour get a BSOD then 64gb ddr4 ram only 32gb ram can use.(Two DIMM slots not working?)
First board I try reinstall all cable, Video Card, CPU CPU Cooling and change BIOS setting hope can solve the boot C9 problem.
A design for extreme overclocking product just change CPU voltage to 1.15v hope can solve the boot C9 problem than Store say it will damage the motherboard, Are you kidding me?

Ligtstron wrote:
Final update(Store do not allow exchange 3rd Motherboard.):

Hopefully you didn't short or bridge you IMC on you CPU putting that air cooler on. check you socket for bent pins, and more importantly, check the pads on you CPU. look for any black marks between the pads on it. Since this is you second motherboard. I'm leaning toward a bridged pad. if you fine any soot or black between pad. use a rubber eraser to clean up and remove GENTLY. If you still get the same results, RMA the processor. The air cooler should be just snug not cranked down on the CPU. just to the point you can't wiggle it easy on top of the processor. :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory