cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6EO Instability

Hopper64
Level 15
Still having stability issues with bios 0504. I had installed windows with 0218 with no problems at all. CPU is by SL. I keep getting problems on cold boot. I had BD memory error 2 days ago and changed the Uncore voltage from auto to 0.200 and it crashed without getting to windows. Decreased Uncore to 0.100 and it went through Memtest 400% with no errors and, more importantly, it did not crash. I had already tested the memory outside windows with no errors. On cold boot this morning, I had another crash with Uncore at 0.100V. Machine came back up with "memory is OK, press F1 to save memory settings." I decreased Uncore to 0.050V.

Where to go from here? As I said, I installed windows with 0218 bios version and no problems.

78956

78957

78958

78959
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
25,366 Views
96 REPLIES 96

Hopper64
Level 15
BTW-I noticed after the crash this morning that my Uncore voltage was reset to auto after hitting F1 to save the memory settings.

All hardware is in my signature.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
BTW-I noticed after the crash this morning that my Uncore voltage was reset to auto after hitting F1 to save the memory settings.

All hardware is in my signature.

what CPU is that you have running 4900 at that vcore?
I suspect 1.35V VDIMM is low for 64GB at 4000 on (any) ram kit

jpmboy wrote:
what CPU is that you have running 4900 at that vcore?
I suspect 1.35V VDIMM is low for 64GB at 4000 on (any) ram kit


Click on my spec list, red bar on the left. 9800X.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Click on my spec list, red bar on the left. 9800X.

Thanks.. ninja'd before I edited the post.
Before trying anything exotic, simply try increasing VDIMM to 1.375 to 1.4V leaving VSa and vccio on auto. Get a copy of memtweakit (or asrock timing configurator) and post a snip of the Memtwek tab showing the rtls and iols.
64 GB is a pretty heavy load for the cpu IMC, and you may need to tweak System agent and vccio at some point.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I would consider running Ramtest as it's a more stringent test of stability than HCI. If not overclocking the uncore, I wouldn't be concerned with setting a manual offset.

What VVCSA / VCCIO are you running for 4K memory frequency?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
I would consider running Ramtest as it's a more stringent test of stability than HCI. If not overclocking the uncore, I wouldn't be concerned with setting a manual offset.

What VVCSA / VCCIO are you running for 4K memory frequency?


They are on Auto. Any suggestions on voltages?

78960
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
They are on Auto. Any suggestions on voltages?

78960


The voltages look quite low for frequency and density. Try in the region of 0.950-1v VCCSA and 1.05-1.1v VCCIO.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
The voltages look quite low for frequency and density. Try in the region of 0.950-1v VCCSA and 1.05-1.1v VCCIO.


I bumped the VDIMM voltage and testing next few days. Wanted to test one parameter at a time. Should I try to change these voltages after bumping the VDIMM per earlier posts? Others recommended to leave these on Auto. Thanks.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
I bumped the VDIMM voltage and testing next few days. Wanted to test one parameter at a time. Should I try to change these voltages after bumping the VDIMM per earlier posts? Others recommended to leave these on Auto. Thanks.


You can soak test it without adjusting the other rails, yes. Worth pointing out you can use the DRAM Boot voltage setting to increase VDIMM at POST.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090