cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6EE Copy BIOS from 1 to 2

Grey_Worm
Level 7
Is there any way to copy the contents of the BIOS and setting from BIOS 1 to BIOS 2? On earlier Rampage models with dual BIOS, there was an option in the flashback section of the BIOS which allowed you to copy the current BIOS to the other BIOS chip. But on the R6EE, I can't for the life of me see one.
4 REPLIES 4

Nonny
Level 10
Hello Grey Worm,

i did this one time on Rampege 5 extreme in the BIOS and i end up to replace the chip where i was copying to there was some mistake in this funktion as fare i remember i dont know its fixed now but i was not the only one this time with this problem ....

better take notes from you config , flash over usb the BIOS chip you want and re-configure this one manualy , just to make sure 🙂

greeting

Nonny

Nonny wrote:
Hello Grey Worm,

i did this one time on Rampege 5 extreme in the BIOS and i end up to replace the chip where i was copying to there was some mistake in this funktion as fare i remember i dont know its fixed now but i was not the only one this time with this problem ....

better take notes from you config , flash over usb the BIOS chip you want and re-configure this one manualy , just to make sure 🙂

greeting

Nonny

I used to do it one my RIVE without an issue. Usually to ensure I had a backup for my BIOS. I never saw it do anyting like that.

Cheers

G75rog
Level 10
If both bios's are the same version you can save the operating config to a usb stick and load it to the second bios from there.

I keep an old reliable USB 2.0 stick containing a config , latest bios and a couple of earlier bios versions in folders attached to the rear of the computer with a magnet.

G75rog wrote:
If both bios's are the same version you can save the operating config to a usb stick and load it to the second bios from there.

I keep an old reliable USB 2.0 stick containing a config , latest bios and a couple of earlier bios versions in folders attached to the rear of the computer with a magnet.

That's not a bad idea. I should have done that the time I picked up my PC (RIVE) to move it, and accidently pressed the clear CMOS button. It had been so long since I'd done anything with the BIOS, I was quite rusty. Was a pain getting all the settings back from memory.