cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E - Can not get DIMM.2 drives to show in windows.

Monty4G63
Level 7
So I have a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 installed on my motherboard for my Boot/OS drive and that has been working fine for me for over a year now.
I just bought two 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2's and installed them onto the DIMM.2 card an onto the motherboard.
I enabled the DIMM.2 slot in the bios and checked the RAID setting and they show up in there, however it say's they are unsupported for raid?
Also if I go into Disk Management in windows, I do not see either of the drives installed into the DIMM.2.

Am I missing something here? I am on the most recent BIOS version and I have looked up other people asking the same-ish questions and I can not find a solution.

I have a single GTX 1080Ti and an ElGato 4k60 Capture Card in the 4X slot on the motherboard. I have tried removing the capture card to see if that changes anything but no luck.

First I want them to show up and second, I would really like to raid them into a single partition.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Edit: I can get one of the two new 970 Evo Plus M.2's to show up if I change from CPU to PCH.
5 REPLIES 5

Homewrecker
Level 9
Monty4G63 wrote:
So I have a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 installed on my motherboard for my Boot/OS drive and that has been working fine for me for over a year now.
I just bought two 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2's and installed them onto the DIMM.2 card an onto the motherboard.
I enabled the DIMM.2 slot in the bios and checked the RAID setting and they show up in there, however it say's they are unsupported for raid?
Also if I go into Disk Management in windows, I do not see either of the drives installed into the DIMM.2.

Am I missing something here? I am on the most recent BIOS version and I have looked up other people asking the same-ish questions and I can not find a solution.

I have a single GTX 1080Ti and an ElGato 4k60 Capture Card in the 4X slot on the motherboard. I have tried removing the capture card to see if that changes anything but no luck.

First I want them to show up and second, I would really like to raid them into a single partition.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Edit: I can get one of the two new 970 Evo Plus M.2's to show up if I change from CPU to PCH.

I'm running 2 960 Pro's in the DIMM 2 slot with no issues. They are configured as individual drives and not RAID though. Try installing one at a time as a regular drive to see if Windows recognizes it. Make sure they are seated properly (which they probably are if they are seen in the BIOS). What BIOS are you running? Version 1503 worked best for me so that is what I'm staying with.

Homewrecker wrote:
I'm running 2 960 Pro's in the DIMM 2 slot with no issues. They are configured as individual drives and not RAID though. Try installing one at a time as a regular drive to see if Windows recognizes it. Make sure they are seated properly (which they probably are if they are seen in the BIOS). What BIOS are you running? Version 1503 worked best for me so that is what I'm staying with.

I am on Bios Version 2002. I have tried reseating both drives and the DIMM.2 multiple times now and I am not having any luck.

Monty4G63
Level 7
Okay so I have finally gotten all drives to show up in both bios and Windows. Seems that selecting to use PCH over CPU and selecting Disable for PCIEX8_4 made it so they now show up. I guess the drives are not supported in CPU mode?

So now at least I can find them, only issue is I can't seem to raid them, when I go to raid it see's only one of the 970 Evo Plus' and the 960 Pro. The 960 Pro has my OS and all of my data on it so I don't want to mess with that.

New dilemma: Is there a way I can get these two cards on the DIMM.2 to raid or will I have to play musical chairs with my OS drive?

G75rog
Level 10
What CPU are you using?

Monty4G63
Level 7
7940x