cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6A Bios 1705

G75rog
Level 10
Currently listed under Win 10 64 bit, Bios & Firmware.

Renamed, added to USB stick, flashed, took 3 reboots to set bios to my preferences.
Basic XMP, no extra OC, onboard BT, Wifi, Lan disabled, Hyper X16 on PCIEX16_3 set to Hyper Data for OS drives Win 10 & Linux.
7900X LC
64GB G.SKILL F4-3466C16Q-64GTZKK 64GB(16GB*4) DS
XFX Vega 64 LC
8 NVME SSD
NZXT 1200W

Running well
7 REPLIES 7

cx-ray
Level 12
Been using it for 5 days now. Seems to be working better than the 1602 I was on. Specifically, when I set Windows Power Option to High Performance. My CPU (7900X) then responds immediately and is pegged to max Turbo frequency. With several previous BIOS' it seemed to sit around 3.5GHz at idle and only Turbo to 4.8GHz under load.

Got Adaptive voltage and using variable frequency...maybe I had a setting wrong previously, but I doubt it.

jab383
Level 13
G75rog - Glad it's working for you in a highly personalized setup.

cx-ray - Straight to max Turbo is what I expect from the High Performance power plan. There are some detailed settings in each power plan that can be used to get a lower idle, but were probably not used if Windows changed itself.

SirWaWa
Level 7
Do you know what microcode it's running?
How are the temps with this?
Seems like too many bios' in such short time.
Well atleast there fixing it, it's just too bad there not saying what exactly is wrong and users may have to found out the hard way...

G75rog
Level 10
Updated to 59 variant compliments of ichee. Running very smoothly and quick.

ampage VI Apex BIOS 1705 with microcode 49 and 59 with updated:

EFI IRST RAID for SATA - 17.0.0.3720
OROM IRST RAID for SATA - 17.0.0.3720
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI - 0.0.22
OROM Intel Boot Agent CL - 0.1.13

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GS1dqEIo_ZuoFJQWSlTWDSBcrCzAyphl/view?usp=sharing

erixx11
Level 11
Running well here on Rampage VI Apex.

But the onboard LCD now shows "AA" instead of temps...

G75rog
Level 10
What option did you set for the display? Mine is indicating CPU temp at the moment.

erixx11
Level 11
Hi!
I didn't set anything. I installed the latest BIOS and voilà for the 1st time this option changes into show power state (which I already suspected), instead of Temp by default.
Just to share this weirdness.
Thanks for caring!