cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with network Ethernet rampage Vi extreme 10G port

dandan112988
Level 7
Hello all, I was wondering which Ethernet port everyone uses for their gaming purposes for their internet. The reason being is I have 300 MPS cable internet, and It was plugged into the 10G port, but I keep having connection issues with that port. I get random connection drops once in a while, and I keep getting booted off the blizzard server when I am playing overwatch sometimes. If it is plugged into the intel ethernet port, it works perfectly. No issues at all. I updated the aquantia 10G drivers to the newest from the website, driver 2.1.1.0, but it still knocks me off of over watch online randomly. It will be fine for a few hours then boom, knocked off. Seems to mostly be blizzard over watch servers. It comes back a few seconds later but its long enough that we end up losing the game with the time it takes me to log back in. Is anyone else having any issues with the 10G ethernet port/controller and connection issues?
14 REPLIES 14

Abaidor
Level 9
Well I can't test the 10Gb connection yet (lacking the hardware) but some reviews I found on the Asus card using the same chip do not mention any issues at all.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8319/asus-xg-c100c-10gbe-pcie-network-adapter-review/index.html

https://www.eteknix.com/asus-xg-c100c-10gbase-t-network-adapter-review/

I would be interested in hearing other users too about the Aquantia chip on the RVIE.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Abaidor
Level 9
BTW, Asus released the SAGE with 2X 10Gb using the Intel X550-AT2 chip.

https://www.techpowerup.com/245119/asus-intros-ws-x299-sage-10g-motherboard-with-dual-10gbe-and-impr...
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

JustinThyme
Level 13
Mine has been rocking since early adoption of the platform with zero issues connected to a Netgear XS708T managed switch. Router and NAS connected via SFP and evything else cat 7. Only change is the heat sink Im using now came with the EK full cover block.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

CharlieH
Level 8
I use the Netgear XS712T. I definitely have fast enough storage to get the 10Gb speeds. I copy between RAID 0 NVMe drives on separate boxes. Most my boxes have 2 NVMes but this one has 8x Intel 900ps in RAID 0. My server I copy to and from has the RAID 0 NVMes and dual port Intel 10Gb NIC to this Box. I definitely and consistently get the 10Gb speeds copying large VHDx files. I do not have any special heatsink it is the factory one from Asus broken off from the stock VRM cooler because I water cool my VRMs and CPU. I use BIOS 1004.

Ramalama
Level 7
I need to retest then... There is only one thing left and that are the sfp modules...
We have 10gb fiber (sfp) switches, not native 10gbe with rj45 ports... Thats why that could only be the sfp copper modules...
We dont have other copper modules, need to order some and retest again...
But dunno if i will do that, since everyone has now a x540 or x710 card.

About the WS x299 Sage, we have this board too, it doesnt has 10gbe ports there are only 1x i219lm and 1x i210 (both are gigabit not 10gbe)
But the board itself is good, just same story with ram, clocked at 3000 instead of 3200(xmp)

Everything else is perfect, there is no rgb, so means no aura :-))

Cheers

Edit:
Sry thats a WS x299 Sage/10g a new version of ws x299 sage... Sry didnt seen that:-)
We have just the normal one... But with intel 10gbe should be everything perfect!

Cheers:-)