cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS freezing for few sec or completely. Drop FPS and others problem.

tud_mattias
Level 7
Hi there,

What is most stable BIOS ver for this spec? With 1503 I was able to use XMP for RAM 3600MHz, previous ver. only let me use 3200MHZ. Problem I have now from 3 BIOS ver back: My system windows 10 64bit freezing for few sec or completely, need to do hard reset. Dropping FPS, Games cutting for some times and after 10min playing its going back to normal. Loosing resolution and refresh 144. (tried most of nvidia drivers now), every time I restart PC it can go back to normal but next reset its FU***. System is unstable some days but some days is fine. I'm soo close to change mobo but I really like this one, please help guys. Thank you in advance.

BIOS ver - 1503
i9 7900X,
32GB 3600MHz,
R6E,
GTX 1080,
SSD x4,
HDD x2,
Elgato HD60 PRO,
EKWB custom liquid.
14 REPLIES 14

Hopper64
Level 15
I still think something is up with your memory. Have you tested it?

*https://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

rython
Level 7
Did you put memory sticks in the slots on the right side of the CPU? If yes, then try to put them only on the left side and see if it works.

Many people have system stability problems with memory on the right side of the CPU. My system was working for almost a year, but now I have problems that looks like yours. I have some thoughts that this could happen after BIOS update or maybe the mainboard started to malfunction. I also have Corsair memory.

tud_mattias
Level 7
Thanks for replay guys. I found my problem. It was SSD which going to fail. In testing softwares and windows it self it was showing its performing fine nad its healthly. I installed OS on another SSD and play whit cables and sockets. Remove RAM and other hardware. Its take few hours and result was SSD Intenso failing. Now my system is stable on XMP 3600MHz and latest BIOS ver. Going to buy M.2 now.
Well...

Do you guys having probleem with booting devices??? My OS not booting for the first time. Its going to BIOS and I have to save and exit whitout any changes and on second run it will Boot. Its take long time.

Many thanks in advance!

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have had many instances of Microsoft installing the boot partition in places I did not want it. And it is for that reason that I now only do my OS install with the OS drive fitted, and no others.

So I feel your pain and have experienced similar.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I have had many instances of Microsoft installing the boot partition in places I did not want it. And it is for that reason that I now only do my OS install with the OS drive fitted, and no others.

So I feel your pain and have experienced similar.

hey bro could you help me out? System NOT stable at optimized default only

I keep getting random Freezing and every time I would check my memory with 2 or 4 sticks it would just freeze using memorytest86, I testing one stick at a time and no issues in each slot 1A,1B,1C,1D but every time I run 2 or 4 it freezes on optimized default only with out XMP and With XMP. NO O.C on CPU! Check specs and see what I did.

Here is my spec's

Processor: Intel Core i9-7920X Bio's 1603
Motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
System Memory: DOMINATOR® PLATINUM 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Graphics Card(s): NvLink 4Sot Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (Founders Edition)
Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
Reservoir Pump Combo: EK-XRES Reservoir Pump Combo D5
Radiator: XSPC EX Radiators EX560mm Quad Fan Radiator, EX420mm Triple Fan Radiator, and EX280mm Dual Fan Radiator
Water Block GPU: 2X EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi
Water Block GPU: Back Plate: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel EK-Vector
Water Block GPU: Terminal: EK-FC Terminal X4 – Plexi
Water Block CPU: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (15 Fans Total)
Corsair Commander pro x 3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

I got system stable and Pass MemoryTest86 on 4 passes 8 Hours later with all 4 sticks 1A,1B,1C and 1D. Without freezing during test and without freezing on windows, Here is what I did.

OC CPU First, 47 and Volts to 1.210 this alone will not help. I had to adjust AVX offset until I found a stable set point. I found 10 stable.

AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: This setting reduces CPU core frequencies by the applied value when an AVX workload is run. The thermal output of AVX workloads is an order of magnitude higher than for non-AVX workloads.

Then after I got CPU stable, I enabled XMP Running temps 50c to 70c

That got me to a point that system is stable and I could run 4 passes on memorytest86 without freezing.

I have no idea why my system will not run stable at optimized default only.

Do I have a bad board or CPU? I don't understand why I have to Keep a OC on at all times?