cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS freezing for few sec or completely. Drop FPS and others problem.

tud_mattias
Level 7
Hi there,

What is most stable BIOS ver for this spec? With 1503 I was able to use XMP for RAM 3600MHz, previous ver. only let me use 3200MHZ. Problem I have now from 3 BIOS ver back: My system windows 10 64bit freezing for few sec or completely, need to do hard reset. Dropping FPS, Games cutting for some times and after 10min playing its going back to normal. Loosing resolution and refresh 144. (tried most of nvidia drivers now), every time I restart PC it can go back to normal but next reset its FU***. System is unstable some days but some days is fine. I'm soo close to change mobo but I really like this one, please help guys. Thank you in advance.

BIOS ver - 1503
i9 7900X,
32GB 3600MHz,
R6E,
GTX 1080,
SSD x4,
HDD x2,
Elgato HD60 PRO,
EKWB custom liquid.
14 REPLIES 14

Hopper64
Level 15
Do you have the same problem with memory at default (no OC)? Is the CPU overclocked? Have you tested the memory? Is the memory on the QVL list? What’s the exact part number on the memory?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Do you have the same problem with memory at default (no OC)? Is the CPU overclocked? Have you tested the memory? Is the memory on the QVL list? What’s the exact part number on the memory?

I have same issue on previous BIOS ver. Didn't check on this one yet, will do when im come back from work. CPU is not OC. Memory is on QVL list. For the part number I will post after I come back home.

Hopper64 wrote:

Memory part number is: CMK32GX4M4B3600C18

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello tud would you save your bios settings on to a USB drive first and then flash back to the last bios that worked perfectly for you.

Basically want to see if it is a bios issue or merely a symptom of something else?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello tud would you save your bios settings on to a USB drive first and then flash back to the last bios that worked perfectly for you.

Basically want to see if it is a bios issue or merely a symptom of something else?

Hi, I will do that this evening. Problem is, I don't remember witch one was good. I have some idea that maybe its Version 1004. Will try from this version and post results.

Thanks for replay guys!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate, if all else fails just work back one bios at a time. That way you may find it was simply a bit of scrambled code that messes with your firmware.

Will check back later this afternoon. About to start the school run - lots of miles every day and two hours out of my day. LOL

Laters dude.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

tud_mattias
Level 7
Hi, I downgrade BIOS to what I have on USB stick so its 0227 x64. System is stable for couple of hours working and gaming. GTX 1080 still on 100Hz instead of 144Hz, but this can be don to nvidia new drivers. I will try XMP and slowly upgrading BIOS to check where is stable and I can get max from my RAM.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good buddy. I am here if you run into any problems. So far so good.

tud_mattias
Level 7
Hi guys, so problem come back. I also should write that my USB 3.0 front panel stopped working on newest BIOS ver. I updated my BIOS to Version 1503 as its says on CPU support asus website. I Still using XMP but needed downgrade it to 3200MHz. For now system is stable even more that before factory BIOS version loaded. My GPU usage jumping to 100%, normal is around 60-70% when playing. It's happens spontaneously. It can come and go any time. So I tested in two games Rainbow Six Siege and Black ops 4. Don't know what cussing it. Still can't use XMP 3600.

Will keep testing my OS, streaming, gaming, video editing, etc. and update here later this week.