cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all memories are recognized in asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore

CAPRICORNX10X
Level 7
Hello everyone.
I need your help please.
I have the motherboard as it appears on the subject. And I have corsair ddr 3600mhz memories. Specific model (CMT16GX4M2C3600C18)
And something very strange is happening:
1. The memories are fully identified in slots b1 and b2.
2. In all the other slots something strange happens there is a recognition of the memories and the BIOS and the computer goes up as usual. But the size of the ram shows nothing. I mean instead of 64 RAM I only get 16 RAM.
In the BIOS itself when I get to the column of memories only b1 and b2 show me the speed - timings and model of the memories. The rest of the slots in this column show only the model of the memories without the rest of the info.
What is more interesting is that in the icue software all the memories are recognized and controllable (rgb lighting and degree recognition, etc.)

The most important thing is that I have tried all the memories in all the slots and all of them without exception only work fully in slots b1 and b2 as I mentioned.
8,614 Views
12 REPLIES 12

Desertum_0
Level 10
CAPRICORNX10X wrote:
Hello everyone.
I need your help please.
I have the motherboard as it appears on the subject. And I have corsair ddr 3600mhz memories. Specific model (CMT16GX4M2C3600C18)
And something very strange is happening:
1. The memories are fully identified in slots b1 and b2.
2. In all the other slots something strange happens there is a recognition of the memories and the BIOS and the computer goes up as usual. But the size of the ram shows nothing. I mean instead of 64 RAM I only get 16 RAM.
In the BIOS itself when I get to the column of memories only b1 and b2 show me the speed - timings and model of the memories. The rest of the slots in this column show only the model of the memories without the rest of the info.
What is more interesting is that in the icue software all the memories are recognized and controllable (rgb lighting and degree recognition, etc.)

The most important thing is that I have tried all the memories in all the slots and all of them without exception only work fully in slots b1 and b2 as I mentioned.



Have you updated your biis?
Have you check your RAM against Asus QVL?

Let us know.

Desertum_0 wrote:
Have you updated your biis?
Have you check your RAM against Asus QVL?

Let us know.


hello
yes the bios is update to 7020

and for asus qvl :
i see that my ram is support only to 2 dimm (dual cahanal) - CMT16GX4M2C3600C18
But it's still weird. Because everything worked properly! All the memories were completely identified and worked superbly.
But a few days ago I assembled all the hardware in a new case. And began the problems in identifying all the memories.

CAPRICORNX10X wrote:
hello
yes the bios is update to 7020

and for asus qvl :
i see that my ram is support only to 2 dimm (dual cahanal) - CMT16GX4M2C3600C18
But it's still weird. Because everything worked properly! All the memories were completely identified and worked superbly.
But a few days ago I assembled all the hardware in a new case. And began the problems in identifying all the memories.


I reckon it could be 2 things.

One of your ram sticks is DOA or the board.
Can you please try using another ram in the same not working slot?

X299 afaik does not use dual channel but quad channel.Â*

Desertum_0 wrote:
I reckon it could be 2 things.

One of your ram sticks is DOA or the board.
Can you please try using another ram in the same not working slot?

X299 afaik does not use dual channel but quad channel.Â*


Hello again and thanks for the responses and help.
I can tell after an experiment I did. That all memories are working 100%.
I took each and every stick and put it in slots b1 and b2 and they each in turn work wonderfully.
Unfortunately I am worried that the other sticks are not working because all the other slots on my motherboard....not good

Why in the icue software do all the memories appear to me and are identified?
The same thing in the BIOS the memories are showing. But for some reason the speed brand and size of the ram do not.
In contrast, in the memtest 64 software, I only see two sticks of memories.
in cpuz all the ram are showing including brand \ model \ size \ timings \ speed
I'm attaching pictures ... very weird this thing.

again - All the memories worked properly and in perfect harmony. Until I moved all my computer hardware to a new case.

thank you all for the help

Hopper64
Level 15
So you’re using 4 kits of 16G each? You said 64G, but you shouldn’t mix memory kits.*


*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%E2%80%99t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-pota...
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
So you’re using 4 kits of 16G each? You said 64G, but you shouldn’t mix memory kits.*


*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%E2%80%99t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-pota...



Hello again

No. As I wrote at the beginning I have 8 memory sticks and each of them is 8 GB, a total of 64 GB of memory.
And I do not mix memories. I purchased memories from the exact same model. With the same timings the same size and the same speed. So I do not understand what the problem is.

G75rog
Level 10
Since your problems started with the new case then remove the motheboard from the case and test again.

G75rog wrote:
Since your problems started with the new case then remove the motheboard from the case and test again.


And do you really think the case is the problem? What about the cases and hardware issues? If possible help and a more professional answer please.

G75rog
Level 10
You said it worked ok before you put it in the new case. Step back and test it out of the case. 40 years of computer repair on my part means it is a professional suggestion and logical troubleshooting.

If you don't think so then enjoy.