cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rampage???

percules2007
Level 7
Hello,

i couldn't find a way of posting a new thread (i am new here) completely so i will post it here.

So,what happened with new releases of RAMPAGE?? They seem like they stopped the production in X299?? What about Z590??? I see only Maximus etc but NO Rampage Option !
5 REPLIES 5

Int8bldr
Level 11
if you mean there is no new rampage since rampage extreme encore you are right, BUT there is no reason to release any new rampage either. there is no new HEDT X/XE CPU since 2019. Last extreme core i9 CPU was 10980XE and the 109x0X - released in 2019. so what's the point of release a new rampage for ASUS?
You can absolutely buy encore today at amazon or where ever you want - there is plenty of supply of encore.

Anyway, Intel have effectively conceded HEDT to AMD and will not have new anything competitive with AMD's TR 32 core etc. HEDT until Sapphire Rapids is released. Sapphire rapids looks to be delayed too - looking at 2022, maybe late 2022. Regardless, I'm fine with waiting till next year - my 10980XE is running just fine on my R6EE

Int8bldr wrote:
if you mean there is no new rampage since rampage extreme encore you are right, BUT there is no reason to release any new rampage either. there is no new HEDT X/XE CPU since 2019. Last extreme core i9 CPU was 10980XE and the 109x0X - released in 2019. so what's the point of release a new rampage for ASUS?
You can absolutely buy encore today at amazon or where ever you want - there is plenty of supply of encore.

Anyway, Intel have effectively conceded HEDT to AMD and will not have new anything competitive with AMD's TR 32 core etc. HEDT until Sapphire Rapids is released. Sapphire rapids looks to be delayed too - looking at 2022, maybe late 2022. Regardless, I'm fine with waiting till next year - my 10980XE is running just fine on my R6EE

That's what i thought also..it seems best to wait about a year for having a true HEDT solution from Intel ---hope they will not abandon completely the HEDT???

restsugavan
Level 13
According to lastest information for Intel developers.

There are no ICELAKE X on their earlier plan. They'll release ICELAKE D for embeded system and leave ICELAKE SP 40 C 80 T SKU as X-Series.
On August 2021 , Many vendors will release theare LGA 4189 base mobos it was fully support overclockable ICELAKE SP 40 C 80T SKUs.

But unfortunately, Intel decide to ditch ICELAKE SP and there LGA 4189 as soon as they could.
To catching up AMD ZEN4 ( First Intel AVX512 ISA bought from Intel license agreement support )
which coming around 128 Core as see below. The ICELAKE SP all SKU were over killed by AMD ZEN 4
Genoa had 64 72 96 128 Core SKUs but limited only 2-socket SMT
So ICELAKE X and ICELAKE SP were dead by ZEN 4 64 Core the lowest SKUs easily.

Intel and AMD were co-partner development on AVX512 ISA development for AI/DL

For competting with AMD above Intel need Golden Cove Core
The Golden Cove Microarchitect may the first 12 port execution
( Sunny/Willow Cove = 10 ports , Skylake/Cascade/Cooper = 8 ports )

Golden Cove coming with L1 I-cache 32KB / 48 KB D-cache
L2 cache 2048KB per core / 3840 KB L3 cache per core
built on CXL 1.1 interconnect. (SPR SP and SPR X)

The NEW ASUS RAMPAGE VII EXTREME featuring LGA 4677 of Golden Cove Microarchitect.

NOTE :: AVX512 ISA that
AMD deal with Intel was Sunny Cove Level on first ZEN4 Microarchitect.

W11CANARY 26090.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:
According to lastest information for Intel developers.

There are no ICELAKE X on their earlier plan. They'll release ICELAKE D for embeded system and leave ICELAKE SP 40 C 80 T SKU as X-Series.
On August 2021 , Many vendors will release theare LGA 4189 base mobos it was fully support overclockable ICELAKE SP 40 C 80T SKUs.

But unfortunately, Intel decide to ditch ICELAKE SP and there LGA 4189 as soon as they could.
To catching up AMD ZEN4 ( First Intel AVX512 ISA bought from Intel license agreement support )
which coming around 128 Core as see below. The ICELAKE SP all SKU were over killed by AMD ZEN 4
Genoa had 64 72 96 128 Core SKUs but limited only 2-socket SMT
So ICELAKE X and ICELAKE SP were dead by ZEN 4 64 Core the lowest SKUs easily.

Intel and AMD were co-partner development on AVX512 ISA development for AI/DL

For competting with AMD above Intel need Golden Cove Core
The Golden Cove Microarchitect may the first 12 port execution
( Sunny/Willow Cove = 10 ports , Skylake/Cascade/Cooper = 8 ports )

Golden Cove coming with L1 I-cache 32KB / 48 KB D-cache
L2 cache 2048KB per core / 3840 KB L3 cache per core
built on CXL 1.1 interconnect. (SPR SP and SPR X)

The NEW ASUS RAMPAGE VII EXTREME featuring LGA 4677 of Golden Cove Microarchitect.

NOTE :: AVX512 ISA that
AMD deal with Intel was Sunny Cove Level on first ZEN4 Microarchitect.

Thank you! AWESOME update! 🙂
This is exactly what I thought too. Ice lake is so late it is just a bridge solution but does not hold water so no point in HEDT. Sapphire rapids is the first time Intel has a chance again - maybe... because Zen4 looks very competitive and with AVX-512, it will neutralize a lot of Intel competitive advantage.

BigJohnny
Level 13
AFAIK Rampage has always been HEDT The others end out with the Maximus extreme being the top of the line and usually the last one out.

I dont see them abandoning HEDT but X299 days are over. From What Ive seen the Sapphire rapids 11980XE will be the DDR5 and W790 chipset so an entirely different ball game upwards of 80 cores. Pin count around the same as the current Dominus extreme board and will probably take two PSUs to run it.