cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New driver and FW for aquantia 107

Hopper64
Level 15
On the Marvell site, looks like new FW and driver 109 and ....21 respectively. **https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
56 REPLIES 56

Contact
Level 7
I have both a R6E and a C100C network card and for some odd reason I cannot use the updater utility to update the card.

I am on a R6E and I am noticing dropping when I first boot up the system I seem to be having a problem with the marvel updater utility

Hi so I updated and the device manager is saying my marvel card is on version 3.1.6

Marvel flash update is telling me 1.5.58 and that there is no available update.

*update trying to get the drivers off station drivers says that it cannot be downloaded securely whatever that means.

restsugavan
Level 13
Due there are many AQC107-n SKUs NICs on the markets.

The new revision (*** After Aquantia was acquired by Marvell Technology Inc.*** ) NIC ICs chip was different from the chip
that provide by ASUS R6E and older model of motherboards that applied AQC107-n SKUs.:cool:

New revision chip always coming
with name " Marvell FastLinQ PCIe NICs cards " .

For AQC107-n early revision chip. It was recommended by Marvell Technology Inc. to use 3.1.121 Firmware for the best.
and The 3.1.16 driver already WHQL approved by Microsoft Corp. It was working very good with lastest Windows 11 Insider
build as well.

Marvell Aquatia AQC107n Firmware 3.1.121 working very well with 3.1.16 WHQL driver

It was 100% compattible with Windows 11 lastest insider build.
So consumer release RTM must be OK.

There are products driver page link from Marvell Inc. below.
Please choose the correct SKUs and OS platform driver from the link below

Support | Driver Downloads | QLogic Fibre Channel HBAs and FastLinQ Ethernet adapters and controller...

W11CANARY 26090.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

Anyone have any problems with the new XG-C100C V2? (Rev. 03)

Sometimes when I boot my computer the adapter is not started and I need to restart.
Also sometimes disconnects and I have to disable and enable the device again. Turned off power save in device manager on the device but still disconnects.

I tried to do a firmware update, even edit the updatedata.xml but still no go.
After some more digging I found a page for it on Asus UK. But the firmware listed there says "not compatible with XG-C100C V2"

It's using the Marvell chip.

I am having the same issue with a brand new "v2" card.

I have a V1 card in my machine, working great and showing me 10gb speed tests without any issues.

Just acquired a V2, thought I would give it a spin and card keeps randomly disconnecting, barely get 5/7gbs. Thought I could update firmware but no luck..

Anyone here with a V2 that had no issues and was able to update firmware?

iBigOne wrote:
Anyone have any problems with the new XG-C100C V2? (Rev. 03)

Sometimes when I boot my computer the adapter is not started and I need to restart.
Also sometimes disconnects and I have to disable and enable the device again. Turned off power save in device manager on the device but still disconnects.

I tried to do a firmware update, even edit the updatedata.xml but still no go.
After some more digging I found a page for it on Asus UK. But the firmware listed there says "not compatible with XG-C100C V2"

It's using the Marvell chip.

I have the Asus PCIe card version of this Aquantia 107 NIC, so I posted on the ROG Network cards forum here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=878345

I think there is a good chance I'm suffering the same issue as multiple of the people from this thread like @iBigOne and @zbugrkx

Has anyone discovered anything further in regards to flashing the Asus XG-C100C V2 REV 3 controller?

I've the same card and the same issue, I can't upgrade the firmware and some issues with power management.

Few things worth trying is turning off all WOL, turning off TCP Checksum Offloading and locking your bandwidth to 10G instead of autonegotiate. probably dont need all of them, just try one at a time to see if any help with the power issues. As far as the firmware, it's not gonna get you much as I've tried them all and only had more issues with the newer version, so I had to roll back.