cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New driver and FW for aquantia 107

Hopper64
Level 15
On the Marvell site, looks like new FW and driver 109 and ....21 respectively. **https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
56 REPLIES 56

kcmcc
Level 7
For anyone having random connection drops after updating to that 4.x.x.x firmware, I was able to roll back using the firmware updater from Marvells site using atlflashupdate -r

Was able to pull from a backup and put me on 3.1.71

since then I have had no drops, been a few weeks rendering nontsop, fingers crossed, I am running cat 7 10ft to a ubiquiti 10G managed switch. This is on R6EE. Hope this helps anyone, sorry if it's known knowledge but it's been driving me nuts. The rollback has fixed it, I am avoiding any further firmware updates for sake of stability. Before then I was using an intel x550 pcie card for connection which was rock solid, but had to remove it for other reasons. Wasn't looking forward to dealing with this problematic NIC until I did this rollback.

kcmcc wrote:
For anyone having random connection drops after updating to that 4.x.x.x firmware, I was able to roll back using the firmware updater from Marvells site using atlflashupdate -r

Was able to pull from a backup and put me on 3.1.71

since then I have had no drops, been a few weeks rendering nontsop, fingers crossed, I am running cat 7 10ft to a ubiquiti 10G managed switch. This is on R6EE. Hope this helps anyone, sorry if it's known knowledge but it's been driving me nuts. The rollback has fixed it, I am avoiding any further firmware updates for sake of stability. Before then I was using an intel x550 pcie card for connection which was rock solid, but had to remove it for other reasons. Wasn't looking forward to dealing with this problematic NIC until I did this rollback.

do you still have a backup file? i lost mine. And will i keep my MAC while using your's ?

Brafitter wrote:
do you still have a backup file? i lost mine. And will i keep my MAC while using your's ?

I believe it was stored internally to the chip, I didn't reference any backup file, just ran that command and it found the restore version. Have you tried just running that command and seeing what happens? I can see if I can extract it, but not sure how off the top of my head. As far as MAC address, I am unsure, but pretty sure that will stay the same.

kcmcc wrote:
I believe it was stored internally to the chip, I didn't reference any backup file, just ran that command and it found the restore version. Have you tried just running that command and seeing what happens? I can see if I can extract it, but not sure how off the top of my head. As far as MAC address, I am unsure, but pretty sure that will stay the same.

well, i managed to rollback from 4.2.29 back to 3.1.109. it was a pain but i have no idea if 3.1.109 is good for PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&SUBSYS_87571043&REV_02

4.2.29 was not... wake from power off was not working 🙂

Anyway thenk you for pointing out about that FW on chip. too bad it stores only one to revert to. Problem is that you have to revert using same FW update you currently have. I couldn't revert from 4.2.3x. strange considering backup was the same and on chip alredy.

EDIT:
it still says it's Marvell and not Aquantia 10GB E. any idea how to fix it?

Brafitter wrote:
well, i managed to rollback from 4.2.29 back to 3.1.109. it was a pain but i have no idea if 3.1.109 is good for PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&SUBSYS_87571043&REV_02

4.2.29 was not... wake from power off was not working 🙂

Anyway thenk you for pointing out about that FW on chip. too bad it stores only one to revert to. Problem is that you have to revert using same FW update you currently have. I couldn't revert from 4.2.3x. strange considering backup was the same and on chip alredy.

EDIT:
it still says it's Marvell and not Aquantia 10GB E. any idea how to fix it?

109 for the driver or the FW. I bet your talking about FW aren't you?

Contact wrote:
109 for the driver or the FW. I bet your talking about FW aren't you?

Yes, FW

Brafitter wrote:
Yes, FW

How did you revert the firmware?

Not to rev an old thread, but where is this "diag" utility? I'm having an issue with my aquantia 107 and I want to try it.

EDIT: I found it at Dell's website - https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=wj8f8

Extract the EXE and there it is.

Contact wrote:
How did you revert the firmware?

Well, i did update from 3.1.109 to 4.2.29. And i found 3.1.109 at station drivers and used -r command. i i belive .xml had my HWID in it cus it worked.

And since i was unable to update using marvel's 3.1.121a, i edited xml and it worked.

lastest official drivers and FW now.

no idea why FW from marvel didnt click but you can make it click.

Contact
Level 7
Hi umm I am not that good with pc's but I have two marvel cards I need to update. Is there any way that anyone can help me?

No kidding I have a card on rma with asus for this exact problem.