Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

Alex6511 wrote:
I guess I just get stupidly high temps now, even on a nd-h15.

How safe are those high temperatures? I'm having stability issues with the older BIOS and would like to use 3006. Is Asus or whoever going to fix these issues? It's not like this stuff was just released yesterday. Given some of us forked out top dollars for this stuff... I mean, ok, so are people not going to work because of Corona? But can't/don't these guys work from home?

Forgive me if I seem impatient, but man...

Super Gnome wrote:
How safe are those high temperatures? I'm having stability issues with the older BIOS and would like to use 3006. Is Asus or whoever going to fix these issues? It's not like this stuff was just released yesterday. Given some of us forked out top dollars for this stuff... I mean, ok, so are people not going to work because of Corona? But can't/don't these guys work from home?

Forgive me if I seem impatient, but man...

Support wants me to RMA my motherboard after going back and forth with their engineers for 2 weeks now. They haven't confirmed to me they have even tried to reproduce it, they've just given me very poorly worded responses referencing different bios settings (I think at this point I might have changed literally every single one possible, I don't think it's that).

Speedshift works, kind of, if I set CPU Core Ratio to auto, but doing so also makes it so it doesn't turbo above 4.0, even on single-threaded workloads. (I told them this, but they ignored it, I sent them screenshots this time so we'll see, but given they're trying to get me to RMA I'm not sure they'll bother).

If you use the other core ratio options, that Throttlestop workaround might work for you too, in which case it seems pretty alright, I guess, but my temps are really high. On that cooler, I don't feel like they should be and I used to run at higher clock speeds without worrying about it to this extent. Given some other people have also mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it.

Honestly, I'm not optimistic about them fixing anything, I ended up going for x44 sync all core @ 1.115v and that keeps my temps at around 95 on extreme uses causes, 85ish for more realistic ones. Auto voltage doesn't work (overheats, causes crashes on AVX workloads, etc), so I'm stuck at 1.115v all the time and as a result, I don't really care if it's not throttling down anymore, just going to have to eat the power bill...

My experience with their support team has been extremely disappointing, to say the least.

"The frequency of light cannot be determined"

Oh, guys, they also seem to think I'm the only X299 user experiencing any sort of problem, so I welcome you all to put support tickets in.

TL;DR: If your motherboard isn't one that has bios flashback I wouldn't recommend it. Note some people in this thread mentioned that with flashback they had to mess with their chipset drivers afterwords. Asus engineers implied in their emails you're not intended to be able rollback from this version, so your milage may vary.

Alex6511 wrote:
Support wants me to RMA my motherboard after going back and forth with their engineers for 2 weeks now. They haven't confirmed to me they have even tried to reproduce it, they've just given me very poorly worded responses referencing different bios settings (I think at this point I might have changed literally every single one possible, I don't think it's that).

Yup, I contacted Asus via chat and they simply disconnected me once I told them what the problem was. I then sent them an email and first got a response back that I needed to remove my cpu cooler and put paste on the cpu again. But I told them when I reverted back to the older bios there was no problem when doing so--which clearly ruled out that the problem had anything to do with anything but the new BIOS. I then emailed them again and they wanted me to RMA the board. Then they had me fill out a report and I did and sent it back and got no reply after I sent it to them. Hence I sent them another email and got the same run around--that it was the paste on my cpu.

Not sure what is up with Asus, but they seriously seem to struggle in the software and service side of things. I don't know why they can't pay someone who can read English and understand what customers are talking about. Japanese companies can do it, why not Taiwanese?

In the meantime I am simply using another computer. It seemed to be okay for a few days, but then this morning, bam, on the older BIOS it again suddenly restarted.

Honestly, for a long time I had all kinds of software/Windows issues with a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard. Updates wouldn't install, the computer literally needed ten minutes to get itself up and running properly after starting or restarting it. AI Suite 2 was problematic, etc etc. Then after eight or so years I installed Windows 10 with no Asus software whatsoever. And guess what? It has literally had zero issues now for a few years.

MirceaForce
Level 8
I see many of you have problem with this last r6e bios 3006

Before update the bios this needed
1.load optimize default save and exit
2.update from usb stick

after bios update
1.load optimize defaults save exit
2.power down pc remove cord from outlet socket wait 5 min (some services push case power button to eliminate any remaining power)
3 clear cmos by pressing the clear cmos from i/o panel at the back of the motherboard for 5 to 10 sec
4.connected to outlet and load optimize default again..save exit then make your bios seeting again

if this is not working bios has a bug

this method worked for me always no problems occurred for me and friend who i did this

will try with this 3006 bios to see how it will go

and come with feedback
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date

Hi MirceaForce,

Many thanks for listing these really useful BIOS update steps.

How has BIOIS 3006 been working for you? Thanks again.