Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

Super Gnome wrote:
Thanks for the info. Honestly, is it unreasonable to expect Asus to fix it themselves? I probably speak for everyone who forked out big bucks for this motherboard: Why should anyone have to tinker to get this BIOS working properly. My rig is less than a year old, and this BIOS could easily have bricked an expensive CPU had I not looked at HWMonitor. And now the thing crashes on a daily basis, and hence I have had to build a new rig so that I can test the parts and see what is going on--and frankly speaking I won't even be starting my Rampage VI Extreme Omega based rig until there is some fix from Asus out. There is no way they should have fixed an unstable BIOS by introducing another that doesn't work properly. Default should work fine.

In summary, yeah, you could tinker, but only if you are not afraid Asus and your lack of in depth knowledge will cook some component(s) for real.

Rant over. Honestly, thanks for the info. Hopefully Asus puts out a better BIOS before too long.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed to all hell with how many hours I lost to this. I'm still going back and forth with support (I haven't told them I found this bios option yet, I'm actually curious how long it will be before they suggest it) and they just keep telling me to revert my bios.

Despite them making that impossible for owners of my motherboard.

Yeah, it's annoying.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Just wondering if, by chance, the new chipset driver might make a difference with the 3006 issue that has your CPU overclocked at default. My Rampage VI Extreme Omega has been collecting dust now for weeks in hopes of some kind of fix for this issue and possibly related BSODs and later, sudden restarts (these two issues while playing World of Warcraft after the release of patch 8.3). Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this and/or any related info.

at Default C States are enabled( with XMP to ) but with OC the BIOS(v3000+) things you will do Extreme Overclocking and disables all C and power states :confused:

Here is default with XMP ( all ok )

to get it back here are my settings, however don't use EIST if Speed Shift is enabled.
SpeedStep should be Automatically disabled if SpeedShift is enabled, not sure why you can use both.

With Speed Shift On the Windows Task Manager Reports wrong Clocks, you can ignore that.

H-de wrote:
at Default C States are enabled( with XMP to ) but with OC the BIOS(v3000+) things you will do Extreme Overclocking and disables all C and power states :confused:

Here is default with XMP ( all ok )

to get it back here are my settings, however don't use EIST if Speed Shift is enabled.
SpeedStep should be Automatically disabled if SpeedShift is enabled, not sure why you can use both.

With Speed Shift On the Windows Task Manager Reports wrong Clocks, you can ignore that.

Thanks for the help,

I coped your configuration exactly and I still notice all cores running at max ratios, even under 10% load, so it didn't work for me.

Thanks.

Alex6511 wrote:
Thanks for the help,

I coped your configuration exactly and I still notice all cores running at max ratios, even under 10% load, so it didn't work for me.

Thanks.

Any idea if the new chipset driver fixes this issue with 3006? The older BIOS seems to be causing my rig to suddenly restart (not sure of the cause really) and hence I'd like to try 3006 again, but as you know a bad flash can brick your motherboard (hence repeated flashing back and forth is not without risk--and yes, you can switch BIOSes with a switch, but I have two GPUs, hence it's a bit of a hassle to get at that switch).

Thank you kindly for any info! 😄

Super Gnome wrote:
Any idea if the new chipset driver fixes this issue with 3006? The older BIOS seems to be causing my rig to suddenly restart (not sure of the cause really) and hence I'd like to try 3006 again, but as you know a bad flash can brick your motherboard (hence repeated flashing back and forth is not without risk--and yes, you can switch BIOSes with a switch, but I have two GPUs, hence it's a bit of a hassle to get at that switch).

Thank you kindly for any info! 😄

I didn't notice any changes with the new chipset driver and support hasn't suggested updating it for me yet.

Alex6511 wrote:
I didn't notice any changes with the new chipset driver and support hasn't suggested updating it for me yet.

Thanks for your reply. My motherboard is the Omega version, and there is a new chipset driver for it. Coincidentally, it apparently has stabilized my cpu speeds--which had been somewhat spiky.

Alex6511 wrote:
Thanks for the help,

Thanks.

Ignore the Taskmanager it reports wrong Clocks

H-de wrote:
Ignore the Taskmanager it reports wrong Clocks

I checked it using the same tool as you, not task manager.

tistou77
Level 13
No problem with 3006 and 7980XE with OC @4.6 (and R6E)
Adaptive Mode and C-States on AUTO

In fact, same setting as with the 2002
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus