Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

thewebsiteisdown wrote:
This BIOS does run hotter though can confirm for certain about 6 - 8C hotter.

Compared to which bios ?
It should be the same as with the official 2002 bios
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

This BIOS 3006 is just a disaster.

boscacci wrote:
This BIOS 3006 is just a disaster.

Oh, not only that. The support staff are either smoking drugs, have quit and the janitorial staff have taken over or they are all mentally debilitated.

None of them can read a simple email message or report they ask for. For the second time they are copying and pasting replies showing this.

This is the latest reply after their supposed but nonexistent chats with their "engineers." Yeah, right. The only people they could have chatted with are their five year old children who told them about Honey Nut Cherrios and the boy who fell down the stairs while trying to blow his nose:

Check CPU fan is connected to the CPU Fan header properly.
Check is heatsink/fan and CPU has proper contact by checking thermal paste.
Possible that the thermal paste have dried up and not overheating.
Suggest installing a pea size thermal paste to the processor die and make sure to put good contact with the heatsink/fan. it should cool it down a bit
Suggest using Artic MX-2/MX-4 for high cooling to get lower temperatures.
If 1-4 steps do not work, Turn off the system, check bent pins on the socket; if not bent pins, replace processor.

These guys have no business being employed as janitors even. They are clueless.

Asus support evidently does not read my replies and/or understand plain English. They want me to revert back to an older BIOS, which I had told them I had already done

They also want me to send my motherboard in for repairs.

Not only do they not know how to program their systems so they cool down CPU core temperatures while the CPU socket temperature is fine so that you might unknowingly brick your CPU, they also don't know how to test a new BIOS for problems. Asus support also lacks grade five reading and comprehension skills, and furthermore lack common sense.

How is sending in a motherboard for repairs going to fix a problematic BIOS, and system software that lets CPU core temperatures go unchecked into the nineties with not so much as a single fan going a single RPM up?

My CPU cost more than two grand, and my current motherboard is the last time I go with Asus. Asus can keep it's fancy overpriced hardware. The software is forever faulty and the support is laughable.

As for the design flaw that lets your CPU cores run super hot without you knowing if you are not manually monitoring your clock speeds and core temperatures yourself with HWMonitor or something comparable? Others have pointed out how that with Asus motherboards and Asus Ryujin the system reports healthy temperatures to users when they are not at all healthy. The cooling also reacts to temperatures on the motherboard versus the CPU. Hence, you can brick your CPU with 3006 without knowing it. Go to about the ten minute point in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS0Ev3SX2I

In summary the software is forever faulty, the support is horrendous, and the design will let you brick your CPU unknowingly when trusting the software, even though you spent a lot of dough and expected you got the best.

Again, let me emphasize this key point: You can brick your CPU with 3006 without knowing it. Or more correctly, you can cook your CPU to the point that you have bricked it without knowing it until there is no turning back.

As for the design flaw, the core CPU data is available to the system because HWMonitor shows it. If Asus engineers and software designers choose to ignore that data with a few lines of code in the software on the grounds that they have opted to put noise levels your fans make ahead of the health of your components, so that you have to replace them sooner rather than later, and they add to that software that does not work correctly then I will be voting with my wallet next time round and will not be going with Asus, fancy cosmetic looks or not. The quality you expect you get when you pay a premium is simply not there.

Super Gnome wrote:
Asus support evidently does not read my replies and/or understand plain English. They want me to revert back to an older BIOS, which I had told them I had already done

They also want me to send my motherboard in for repairs.

Not only do they not know how to program their systems so they cool down CPU core temperatures while the CPU socket temperature is fine so that you might unknowingly brick your CPU, they also don't know how to test a new BIOS for problems. Asus support also lacks grade five reading and comprehension skills, and furthermore lack common sense.

How is sending in a motherboard for repairs going to fix a problematic BIOS, and system software that lets CPU core temperatures go unchecked into the nineties with not so much as a single fan going a single RPM up?

My CPU cost more than two grand, and my current motherboard is the last time I go with Asus. Asus can keep it's fancy overpriced hardware. The software is forever faulty and the support is laughable.

As for the design flaw that lets your CPU cores run super hot without you knowing if you are not manually monitoring your clock speeds and core temperatures yourself with HWMonitor or something comparable? Others have pointed out how that with Asus motherboards and Asus Ryujin the system reports healthy temperatures to users when they are not at all healthy. The cooling also reacts to temperatures on the motherboard versus the CPU. Hence, you can brick your CPU with 3006 without knowing it. Go to about the ten minute point in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS0Ev3SX2I

In summary the software is forever faulty, the support is horrendous, and the design will let you brick your CPU unknowingly when trusting the software, even though you spent a lot of dough and expected you got the best.

Again, let me emphasize this key point: You can brick your CPU with 3006 without knowing it. Or more correctly, you can cook your CPU to the point that you have bricked it without knowing it until there is no turning back.

As for the design flaw, the core CPU data is available to the system because HWMonitor shows it. If Asus engineers and software designers choose to ignore that data with a few lines of code in the software on the grounds that they have opted to put noise levels your fans make ahead of the health of your components, so that you have to replace them sooner rather than later, and they add to that software that does not work correctly then I will be voting with my wallet next time round and will not be going with Asus, fancy cosmetic looks or not. The quality you expect you get when you pay a premium is simply not there.

How do you flash back to BIOS 0802? Thank you

akfakf wrote:
How do you flash back to BIOS 0802? Thank you

I just downloaded it from the support page and put it on an empty USB stick and plugged it in the back of my rig and then manually flashed it. There is info about it in the manual for my board, an ROG R6EO. There is also a video that explains it that I can link. What motherboard do you have?

At least some motherboards have a switch on them so you can flip from one BIOS to the other.

Super Gnome wrote:
I just downloaded it from the support page and put it on an empty USB stick and plugged it in the back of my rig and then manually flashed it. There is info about it in the manual for my board, an ROG R6EO. There is also a video that explains it that I can link. What motherboard do you have?

At least some motherboards have a switch on them so you can flip from one BIOS to the other.

My motherboard is ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA Thank You Very Much

Super_Gnome
Level 11
There is loads about how to do it here and in your manual. Details are here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116777-Asus-rog-rampage-extreme-vi-will-not-boot-hangs-on-...

Super Gnome wrote:
There is loads about how to do it here and in your manual. Details are here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116777-Asus-rog-rampage-extreme-vi-will-not-boot-hangs-on-...

Thank you very much
Finally flashed back to BIOS 0802
End this disaster

akfakf wrote:
Thank you very much
Finally flashed back to BIOS 0802
End this disaster

I went through all fourteen BIOS for my R6E last night and flashed them all playing with things along the way and at 1002 which is the third bios they released for the motherboard, they fixed the memory settings so you could finally do 4000mhz with the memory. The second BIOS 0802 is where the temperatures went up about 5 - 7 celcius on the CPU compared to the first BIOS 0604. I'm running 3006 fine right now. Temperatures are the same as 1002. I noticed a lot of things they changed in the BIOS along the way it was fun to do actually lol.

The thing I noticed with 3006 is things went corrupt on me the first time I flashed it but after using the flashback option to flash it things went back to normal. Also I had to change the windows minimum cpu percentage to 0% to get the cpu to idle down for some reason but I fixed it.