Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

Rob W. wrote:
@Super Gnome
All boards with twin bios chips you can flash separately,
My M8E and R6E also the Omega has two bios so you can leave one as is and switch to the other and flash it with new bios, if new bios causes problems then you can just press the bios button and revert to original bios ( bios 1 and bios 2) this is the practice I’ve adopted for safety.

Hey, thanks for the info. I found the switch you are talking about. It is a tiny little thing on the face of the motherboard in the bottom right corner, next to another switch. Unfortunately, in my case, it is really tough to get at because I have two GPUs, and the second one covers over the spot where it is. Hence, I might have been able to get at it somehow, but it just seemed not worth the trouble. And, on seeing that, I started wondering if it wasn't better to just reinstall 0802, the previous BIOS. The first time flashing it was fine. Hence I did that, and the flash worked like a charm, like it should. It was a different story with 3006. I had to do it from the previous BIOS menu because it would not work manually--which is already a flag this thing is flawed.

Anyhow, curious as to whether the clock speeds and temperatures would return to normal with the old (previous) BIOS, 0802, reinstalled, that was the indeed the result. Hence, there is absolutely no reason to believe anything other than the fact that 3006, in at least my case, was definitely the source of the problem.

Anyhow, thanks. Also, in case anyone is curious--I sent one email to Asus about this, and they told me to check the cooler, reapply paste to my CPU, and check it for bent pins and then to even replace the CPU, if needed. Sure, yeah, right. I then emailed them back explaining in more detail about the high clock speeds and high core temperatures, but now, more than two days later, have heard nothing back. I honestly expect to not hear back. This is the kind of support you can expect from Asus.

Hi Guys, Since I updated my bios to 3006 on the Rog strix x299 E gaming mother board running i9 7900x 10 Cores and 10 threads, My cpu has plummeted on start up I'm even getting temperatures critical (never had that before) my Cooler is a Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, i'm running VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit, any advice would be gratefully appreciated 🙂 ive been stressed past few days trying to bring my temps down, i'm missing valuable gaming time 🙂

Steven

newbie2021 wrote:
Hi Guys, Since I updated my bios to 3006 on the Rog strix x299 E gaming mother board running i9 7900x 10 Cores and 10 threads, My cpu has plummeted on start up I'm even getting temperatures critical (never had that before) my Cooler is a Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, i'm running VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit, any advice would be gratefully appreciated 🙂 ive been stressed past few days trying to bring my temps down, i'm missing valuable gaming time 🙂

Steven

3006 does not work correctly in some cases (in my case and at least a few others the CPU clocks speeds with this BIOS at default at idle are 4200 MHz--which is crazy high). Flash 2002 and your CPU will run at the correct speeds.

Also, just curious--are your fans and water cooler doing anything to counter the high temperatures? With my rig, if I manually have the fan speeds at full, the CPU cores drop in temperature (the clocks, of course do not). Otherwise they do not cool the CPU cores--not surprisingly as Asus calls the CPU temperature from a probe near the CPU--behind it actually--which means it does not respond to CPU core temps. Anyhow, you would need to have HWMonitor (or something akin) to see what is going on.

Edit: Also, are your clocks speeds not normal at default BIOS settings? You can check with HWMonitor, which will also show other pertinent data.

BIOS 3000+ only disables C States if you OC and fixed Intel Speed Shift but nothing more.
If you OC you need to manually enable C6 States or the Clocks and Voltage are set to maximum, because ASUS somehow things everyone is a Extrem Overclocker now

Make sure you only Check the Clocks with AIDA64 or HWINFO, the Task manager is outdated and reads wrong clocks duo to the new CPU Patch.

Hi Guys thanks for's for your reply's, sorry for the late response, I've been trying to sort this temp issue all week, its really got me worried about burning out my i9 7900x processor, I cleaned out all my fans and the fans and radiation on the Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler not that they needed doing really has I maintain my gaming pc frequently, I have 6 fans not counting the one in the corsair 750m I've also ordered a tube of Mx4 thermal paste, I've gone back to 2002 x299 e gaming bios but the temps are weird one minute the Hwmonitor its registering 88c, 90, 100c then back down to 60c and when i'm in bios its reading 4000 mhz, ratio is 40, and the cpu temp is 83c and i get the message temperature error, until I first updated my bios to 3006 i never had any of these issues 😞 so confused to say the least. my pc 1 year and 5 months old, well looked after never over clocked!

neurostudio
Level 7
My clock speed was stuck at 4.4 ghz after installing 3006.
had to rollback to bios 2002.
I can't believe these people release this sort of junk.
Not to mention the non-existing support.

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Did anyone of u try to disable speedshift???
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

vmanuelgm wrote:
Did anyone of u try to disable speedshift???

Where can I find the speedshift setting in BIOS?

vmanuelgm
Level 11
In your BIOS setup, under Advanced menu\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management.
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
My windows minimum core clock went and set it self to 100% on me for some reason. I turned it back down to 0% and it dropped my idle clocks back down to normal just fyi. This BIOS does run hotter though can confirm for certain about 6 - 8C hotter.