Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

thewebsiteisdown wrote:
I went through all fourteen BIOS for my R6E last night and flashed them all playing with things along the way and at 1002 which is the third bios they released for the motherboard, they fixed the memory settings so you could finally do 4000mhz with the memory. The second BIOS 0802 is where the temperatures went up about 5 - 7 celcius on the CPU compared to the first BIOS 0604. I'm running 3006 fine right now. Temperatures are the same as 1002. I noticed a lot of things they changed in the BIOS along the way it was fun to do actually lol.

The thing I noticed with 3006 is things went corrupt on me the first time I flashed it but after using the flashback option to flash it things went back to normal. Also I had to change the windows minimum cpu percentage to 0% to get the cpu to idle down for some reason but I fixed it.

My problem is (BIOS 3006)
loaded windows task manager reports a constant 3.00 GHz speed no matter what the processor load. also, in control panel > power options > CPU Power management i only have the cooling policy option and not the 2 other options to change min and max percentages as before. (bios 0802)

Sometimes the computer will boot very long ( LiveDash OLED Display Initial ROM )

Finally flashed back to BIOS 0802

My CPU is 10980XE. I have to use BIOS version after 0802

akfakf wrote:
My problem is (BIOS 3006)
loaded windows task manager reports a constant 3.00 GHz speed no matter what the processor load. also, in control panel > power options > CPU Power management i only have the cooling policy option and not the 2 other options to change min and max percentages as before. (bios 0802)

Sometimes the computer will boot very long ( LiveDash OLED Display Initial ROM )

Finally flashed back to BIOS 0802

My CPU is 10980XE. I have to use BIOS version after 0802

This is the option I'm referring to in windows that was set to 100%. I changed it to 0% and the cpu idle went back down like it should. The option is there in windows 10 you just have to click additional settings.

I bought a 10900x and took it back because my 7900x performs better then their "new " cpu line.

Thanks for the heads up Guys, I'll steer clear of this one and stay on 2002 for now. If it ain't broke...:cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

FireRx wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Guys, I'll steer clear of this one and stay on 2002 for now. If it ain't broke...:cool:

Good decision!!

dark0der
Level 7
I do not post often here, but holy ****! 3006! What in the ****sickle is this? :confused:
After the update gpus are vanished from the system & the cpu core clocks are stuck at max freq. (R6A board & 7900X)
Thank god for (me Jim Sterling©) bios flashback i went back to 2002 & everything is fine now :cool:

dark0der wrote:
I the cpu core clocks are stuck at max freq. (R6A board & 7900X)

Just curious about something. What kind of CPU cooler do you have? And did your cooling kick in to cool your CPU at all?

I ask because I have an Asus motherboard and Asus Ryujin. When my CPU clock speeds were stuck at around 4100 MHz with the BIOS, the cooling did nothing to cool the CPU with the cores at 70 to 95 degrees because the cooling was not responding. Apparently, the cooling does nothing because it reacts to the temperature of the CPU socket and/or motherboard area near the CPU. And in my case, those temperatures did not rise much.

Super Gnome wrote:
Just curious about something. What kind of CPU cooler do you have? And did your cooling kick in to cool your CPU at all?

I have 115i Platinum aio, as soon as i loaded into the system it went nuts reporting temps from 75 to 90c

dark0der wrote:
I have 115i Platinum aio, as soon as i loaded into the system it went nuts reporting temps from 75 to 90c

So you are saying that your cooler kicked in and cooled your CPU? Basically that it reacted to your core temperatures and "went nuts," ie. that it kicked in to try to cool your cpu?!

I ask because I'm wondering if I should toss my Asus Ryujin in the trash or not. It evidently reacts to temperatures on the motherboard and not the CPU core temperatures, making it basically a hardware gem that, because of its garbage software design, is an simply overpriced sh@t piece of junk that no sensible person should trust--especially, as in my case, if you dont want to brick an expensive cpu.

High fives all around Asus!

tistou77
Level 13
Did someone test to enable or disable the SpeedShift option to see what it changed ?

Some tips to disable it, and some to enable it 😄
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Jahmen
Level 7
Okay, I'm a bit confused from the start on this thread because I understood it was ROG Rampage VI Extreme boards.

What has me wondering is my board started with 0401 version.
Later I updated it to the 0504 version along with the latest x299 chipset drivers.
I went back to download the 0401 Verison to restore my BIOS back and found an 0505 version just released.

This was to repair my BIOS crash a couple of weeks later when I plugged in an Itel VROC HD key to do a UEFI BIOS Bootable RAID 10 on CPU setup.
Although if the Intel unverified/ unvalidated key was the cause, who can say. I know Intel won't.
Still waiting to hear why the Intel key product was NOT seen by Intel as their product. BUT I HAVE DIGRESSED

I recently got a Code 4F Check CPU POST STOP message. I was always wondering about the CPU temps and the CPU Cooler, ever since the Light on the pump head went out.
But how can you tell anything? The Armoury Crate Program didn't appear to have any control effect for anything I would try to alter and test. It acted like here is how everything is and you can't do anything about any of it. All I could do is monitor the voltage was on in the BIOS for the pump head. Those fans always ran about medium speed. CPU hadn't been overclocked or boosted yet, so I figured no problem. CPU Temp read as acceptable according to other online posts for them.
Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!