Level 13
New bios for Rampage VI Extreme

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3006
Improve system performance and stability
Improve DRAM stability
Update RC code for new CPU
Update ME FW
Update IRST and RSTe driver
Fix AURA issue when using Intel thunderbolt devices.
Fix some M.2 device detect issue
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
74 REPLIES 74

Jahmen wrote:
Okay, I'm a bit confused from the start on this thread because I understood it was ROG Rampage VI Extreme boards.

What has me wondering is my board started with 0401 version.
Later I updated it to the 0504 version along with the latest x299 chipset drivers.
I went back to download the 0401 Verison to restore my BIOS back and found an 0505 version just released.

This was to repair my BIOS crash a couple of weeks later when I plugged in an Itel VROC HD key to do a UEFI BIOS Bootable RAID 10 on CPU setup.
Although if the Intel unverified/ unvalidated key was the cause, who can say. I know Intel won't.
Still waiting to hear why the Intel key product was NOT seen by Intel as their product. BUT I HAVE DIGRESSED

I recently got a Code 4F Check CPU POST STOP message. I was always wondering about the CPU temps and the CPU Cooler, ever since the Light on the pump head went out.
But how can you tell anything? The Armoury Crate Program didn't appear to have any control effect for anything I would try to alter and test. It acted like here is how everything is and you can't do anything about any of it. All I could do is monitor the voltage was on in the BIOS for the pump head. Those fans always ran about medium speed. CPU hadn't been overclocked or boosted yet, so I figured no problem. CPU Temp read as acceptable according to other online posts for them.

I feel your pain with the latest BIOS. 3006 original or either modded didnt work for me at all. Maybe it doesnt like the 99XX chips? Dunno. It wasnt as simple as going back to previous BIOS by forcing boot on BIOS 1. When It booted all sorts of weird crap happened like my GPUs not showing up even though I had a display and other hardware malfunctions. Kept getting the WHEA Uncorrectable Error sometimes on boot but definitely as soon as I launched anything with a load. Tried a bunch of things, couldnt even reload GPU drivers without it crashing. Then back to 2002 microcode 49 and it was still a PITA. Had to run chkdsk/r and repair a bunch of errors that it caused and reload about every driver I had to get it working again. Wont be going there again. 2002 is working fine for me. Just thought I would give it a try in hopes for actual gains, not a wasted day. Darn near thought I was going to have to do a clean install.

Only one VROC key works on the X299 platform. VROCISSDMOD VERSION J55733-100 The acronym.. Virtual Raid On Cpu Intel SSD model
Bought up a bunch when they were about to discontinue them for $8.99. Now they are going for $229.00 from the same site I bough them from....Mouser. A lot of different ones were tried in the beginning and this was stumbled on to work then later verified by Intel and ASUS.

Jahmen wrote:
I was always wondering about the CPU temps and the CPU Cooler, ever since the Light on the pump head went out.
But how can you tell anything?

You can see what's going on with HWMonitor. Just make sure you download it from cpuid.com. If you get it anywhere else you are putting your system at risk.

dark0der
Level 7
So you are saying that your cooler kicked in and cooled your CPU? Basically that it reacted to your core temperatures and "went nuts," ie. that it kicked in to try to cool your cpu?!

Yes it did, if you are a proper hardware/software engineer (u should have a safety feature) if something goes wrong no matter what profile %username% is using quiet/balanced/etc the aio should blast at full speed & yes you can create a custom profile with the custom temp read options so the aio will react to every sneeze of your expensive intel toaster 😉

dark0der wrote:
Yes it did, if you are a proper hardware/software engineer (u should have a safety feature) if something goes wrong no matter what profile %username% is using quiet/balanced/etc the aio should blast at full speed & yes you can create a custom profile with the custom temp read options so the aio will react to every sneeze of your expensive intel toaster 😉

Yeah, well, the software team at Asus decided that their AOI coolers should only respond to the motherboard temperature near the CPU, and not the CPU core temperatures. Great design, huh? Apparently they think a quiet cooling system is what the user wants. And no, there is no option to change this.

It looks to my like I am tossing my overpriced but garbage Ryujin in the trash and getting another one that responds to the actual CPU core temperatures or the packet temperature. This will be the last straw. I won't ever be buying Asus garbage again. You'd expect an overpriced cooler to work properly, but you'd be wrong. The software engineers obviously care nothing about the life of your hardware. I'd assume they want the life of your hardware to be shortened so you need to buy more before too long. I have a second Asus cooler in an older rig, a Ryo. Both of these coolers are garbage, as far as I am concerned.

Getting the WS-X299 Mainboards also this Update?

We still on Old firmware :mad:

Thanks, 3101for WS-X299-PRO should be coming in next few days i guess 😮

santz76
Level 8
Hello I have the Asus Rampage VI extreme with I9-7900x, last night I downloaded 3006 bios from asus and after flashing my samung 970 m.2 drive was not being recognized. It was stuck on black screen. It did go to “trying to repair” screen once but no luck it would just go yo black screen. What’s weird is I could see my mouse cursor but that’s it. I tried to boot with usb media creation tool and it only post a blue screen with cursor nothing else. I’m lost here I even tried to rollback to 2003 but it won’t let me. Can someone tell me how to roll back firmware?

Hey guys,

So I looked through the thread and I had trouble finding a definitive answer. I have the problem on my X299 Tuf Mark 2 with a 7820X that it was setting the frequency in task manger to my base clock and it was actually running two cores at 4.5, rest at 4.3 (with by specific core enabled). It was not idling down under load, keeping my thermals right on the edge of where I'm comfortable with. The problem is the Tuf Mark 2 does not have bios flashback, only crashbios recovery and Asus decided to make reverting this version through ez update impossible (it won't read any older bios versions, even from the disk the motherboard came from).

So I had to actually solve the problem,

If you go to advanced, CPU configuration, then to CPU power management configuration, set the following:
Enhanced Intel Speedstep: Enabled
Turbo mode: Enabled
Autonomous core C state: Auto
Intel(R) speed shift Technology: disabled
MFC Mode Override: OS Native Support (ON UP-TO-DATE WINDOWS VERSIONS ONLY)

Seriously, I can't emphasize above enough, this feature was introduced in an update to windows, you need to be on a modern version of windows 10.

This should restore the previous functionality, I now turbo to 4.5 on two cores, 4.3 on the rest and reduce to lower while idle. I've noticed no differences from before the bios update, and this bios update has actually made it so I can run XMP and by specific core at the same time, so I guess they're not full of crap when they say they improved stability.

If you're like me, you're probably questing what speed shift is, from what I understand it's what makes all this dynamic clock speed stuff possible, so how does disabling it fix the problem? Your guess is as good as mine, but my guess is that the option in bios is actually inverted, disabled is enabled and enabled is disabled. Auto is probably just setting the value to enabled, which is actually disabled, so it turns it off. That's just my assumption based on what's going on. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know, but maybe this will "fix" it for you guys.

Alex6511 wrote:
maybe this will "fix" it for you guys.

Thanks for the info. Honestly, is it unreasonable to expect Asus to fix it themselves? I probably speak for everyone who forked out big bucks for this motherboard: Why should anyone have to tinker to get this BIOS working properly. My rig is less than a year old, and this BIOS could easily have bricked an expensive CPU had I not looked at HWMonitor. And now the thing crashes on a daily basis, and hence I have had to build a new rig so that I can test the parts and see what is going on--and frankly speaking I won't even be starting my Rampage VI Extreme Omega based rig until there is some fix from Asus out. There is no way they should have fixed an unstable BIOS by introducing another that doesn't work properly. Default should work fine.

In summary, yeah, you could tinker, but only if you are not afraid Asus and your lack of in depth knowledge will cook some component(s) for real.

Rant over. Honestly, thanks for the info. Hopefully Asus puts out a better BIOS before too long.