cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing MOBO Parts (m.2 Screws / RGB cable)

RSFan1977
Level 7
Hi Guys, recently purchased a Strix x299 Gaming-XE mobo. I seem to be missing the screw package that is include with the vertical m.2 bracket (seems to b2 screws to hold support bracket to the board, and a mounting screw of some type to hold the top of the M.2 to the bracket. I am also missing the addressable RGB cable for the RGB header? The mobo came with an LED strip, but the connector isnt standard 4-pin RGB its some sort of clip system to chain multiple strips together. But there was apparently a cable to attach the first strip to the addr header

Called ASUS apparently they dont offer opportunity to buy replacements? Looked online, and in stuc. Any suggestions would be appreciated

THANKS ALL!!!
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
You should contact your 3rd party retailer.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
You should contact your 3rd party retailer.

it was Amazon and it was 3 months ago. Didnt realize i didnt have them as i didnt need initially

davemon50
Level 11
In my experience Amazon has been pretty good at these things, even after longer than 30 days. If you explain the situation to them, I think you may get surprised by their attention to assist. For my current desktop I ordered the wrong TWO video cards from them at a high dollar price, prior to setting up my system, so the cards sat for a while. When I went to put the system together I realized my mistake, and I had already opened the boxes. I called them and explained, and they gave me full credit for them and allowed me to put the credit towards the ones I actually wanted. I was shocked that they took them back. Great customer service. Your situation is low dollar, so I would guess if they can find the same product in their inventory they might send it to you without further questions. Worth a phone call or chat session IMO.

Or maybe a trip to Best Buy, they probably have such parts in their repair inventory.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
In my experience Amazon has been pretty good at these things, even after longer than 30 days. If you explain the situation to them, I think you may get surprised by their attention to assist. For my current desktop I ordered the wrong TWO video cards from them at a high dollar price, prior to setting up my system, so the cards sat for a while. When I went to put the system together I realized my mistake, and I had already opened the boxes. I called them and explained, and they gave me full credit for them and allowed me to put the credit towards the ones I actually wanted. I was shocked that they took them back. Great customer service. Your situation is low dollar, so I would guess if they can find the same product in their inventory they might send it to you without further questions. Worth a phone call or chat session IMO.

Or maybe a trip to Best Buy, they probably have such parts in their repair inventory.

Ya, i hear ya. Ill give them a call. I think the problem im going to have is th board is installed and inuse, and have no intention on a return, didnt really notice i didnt have these missing items until i needed them. But ya, your point is well taken. More over, i was completely shocked to find ASUS has no process to allow for replacement order of this small stuff

davemon50
Level 11
I remember being confused by the packaging of the screws when I opened it all up. You might try checking again just to be sure?
Davemon50