cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amazon selling open box R6EE MB as new

rosefire
Level 7
After exchanging the first, I have now received a second R6EE board sold by Amazon.com Services LLC in an unsealed box with no static bag around the board inside the box. Given that the successful performance of these boards with high speed memories depends, in part, on the chipset lottery, I don't want to accept an open box board. Would someone please confirm that ASUS MB ship in factory sealed boxes and that the boards in unopened boxes have a protective static bag.

If someone could post a photo of a box seal, it would be awesome.

-Rose
Future PicPlatform.......Rampage VI Extreme Encore / i9-10940x
Memory.........G.Skill F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR 32GB Kit
Graphics ......Radeon Pro Vega 56
Boot Drive.....2X Intel 380GB, 905P M.2 SSD
Storage........2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 SSD
Cooling........MCP355 Pump, Swiftech SKF Block, EK360 60mm Radiator

13 REPLIES 13

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Amazon has been doing free returns on omega/ encores/... for a while so no such thing as new from amazon even if it said new.
People buy and return then buy the open box hoping to get the same one they returned and save 100-150.us on the second purchase
Then gouge prices and resell on ebay or even amazon third party sellers doing this stuff.

ASUS hasn't shipped a sealed box ever.

Mother boards even cheap ones come with static bags mark 2 did and so did a apex and prime deluxe all x299
Even x99 sabertooth came with static bags

Look closely for damage like scratches/ removed plastic on aluminum pch cover... look at the usb... cover on the back of the board that is commonly scratched if used.
If you find damage report it you might get a discount to keep it or maybe not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigJohnny
Level 13
Over several generations of different boards this question often comes up. Two RVIEE boards with no bag, not sealed but protective film. RVIE has nothing on it period. On the RVIEE there is an anti static sheet under the MOBO and just the plastic cover over the top. Nothing appeared tampered with and all the goodies underneath all factory sealed. This is just how ASUS ships them.*

Desertum_0
Level 10
I just read the whole thread and i would like to know if it will be wise to buy this board from Amazon directly.

It is currently selling at $750 USD and AFAIK my last Rampage VI never came with a static bag for the board but rather a firm plastic cover on top of the board itself.

Should i bit the bullet?
The only things that may make me more at ease is that this board is covered by Amazon 30 days return policy but since i live abroad it may cost me more to send it back , would rather ask them for a full refund if i find the board tampered with.

In any case, I look forward to read about anyone experience.

martine-dee
Level 12
Having looked at the youtube reviews for ROG Max XII Extreme, I see that inside the box should be some transparent plastic covering, preferably with no fingerprints on it. Under that is the board, however, nothing else protects it. I assume there are unboxing reviews for all mobos, so one can check there first what to expect even before they order.

I def plan to check if everything is there to the last screw for the price tag of just under 1000 euro.
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating