cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much fans can one connect to rampage extreme VI HIGH-AMP fan header?

Marko911
Level 8
I want to connect 3 fans 140mm NOCTUA's on that header...Is that safe? How much rampage VI extreme fan headers can take,1amp,2amp or? I'm being confused
My other 6 fans Aer RGB NZXT 120mm can draw max around 11-12W on full speed...Have anyone any Idea?
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Marko911 wrote:
I want to connect 3 fans 140mm NOCTUA's on that header...Is that safe? How much rampage VI extreme fan headers can take,1amp,2amp or? I'm being confused
My other 6 fans Aer RGB NZXT 120mm can draw max around 11-12W on full speed...Have anyone any Idea?

The Noctua fans draw very little current; whether they are PWM or DC. You have more than enough amperage even on a standard header to run all three fans. Max input power of the DC Noctua fans is a mere 0.96W. A standard ASUS fan header gives you 12W of power to play with, while the High_Amp header allows for up to 36W. Just make sure you use the right type of splitter (only one tach signal back to the header).

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The Noctua fans draw very little current; whether they are PWM or DC. You have more than enough amperage even on a standard header to run all three fans. Max input power of the DC Noctua fans is a mere 0.96W. A standard ASUS fan header gives you 12W of power to play with, while the High_Amp header allows for up to 36W. Just make sure you use the right type of splitter (only one tach signal back to the header).

Cool,that's great news!I'm using pwm fan splitter from modmytoys 8 way with one input pwm in front of 8 other fan headers on fan splitter.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

One more question,how much AMP are rated water pump 1 and 2 headers?

Marko911 wrote:
One more question,how much AMP are rated water pump 1 and 2 headers?

Pretty sure water pump headers are identical to fan headers - 1 amp