cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highpoint Technologies SSD7103

francoistoen
Level 7
Hi everybody

Is there anybody having tested the Highpoint SSD7103 on a rampage 6 extreme encore.
Thanks for your experiences
François
17 REPLIES 17

francoistoen
Level 7
Hi C2001Carl
Thanks a lot for all these infos about the way to install that board. I'm still divided between the SSD7103 (PCIE Gen3) and SSD 7505 (PCIE GEN4).
Best regards
François

francoistoen
Level 7
HI c2001Carl
Thanks a lot for all these infos about the way to install this board. It seems to be hard :rolleyes:
At that time I'm still divided between the SSD7103 (PCIE Gen3) and SSD7505 (PCIE Gen4).
Best regards
François

francoistoen
Level 7
@ C2001CARL
Hi
No luck..I received my SSD7103 card yesterday and there is no way to make it run. The card itself is not detected. Here is the prompt "No supporting host adapter is found". I did exactly what you said but nothing. I have a question does the SSD's inside the card should appear at the boot post message?
If you have ideas of what could help me I will agree. It is on R6EE motherboard.
Thanks

francoistoen
Level 7
@ C2001CARL
I received the SSD7103 board yesterday and no luck nothing happen. The board seems not to be detected. I setup as you said and I receive the prompt " No supporting host adapter is found". If you have ideas to overcome that bas result I will agree. I have a question : Do the SSD's inside the board should appear at the Boot Prompt listing all disks the system detected? It is with my R6EE motherboard.
Thanks
Sorry for double post

Did you do the following?

1) Remove all of your hard drives including NVMe drives and USB drives, 2) make sure you set in BIOS to boot into UEFI mode, 3) disable Secure boot in BIOS, 4) disable Fast Boot, 5) Enable Launch CSM, Change BOOT DEVICE to UEFI Only. 6) under key management save the secure boot keys, 7) under PK Management delete key (delete only PK Management Key), 😎 prepare a flash drive for SSD7103 UEFI ROM package, 9) connect your SSD7103 with 2 to 4 NVMe drives to a PCIe x16 slot (it needs to be in a x16 slot if using 4 NVMe drives, 10) boot to the flash drive you created and flash the SSD7103 BIOS (FS0:\> SSD7103.nsh) if successful you will have a message "Passed".

NOTE: BIOS Needs to be in UEFI mode. Secure Boot must be disabled or SSD7103 will not show up. You must ENABLE Launch CSM, save keys and delete only PK Management Key. For flash drive file go to https://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series-ssd7103-download.htm and download UEFI BIOS "SSD7103_UEFI_v1.1.9_2020_09_25.ZIP" extract to root of flash drive. It should have the following files 7103uefi.rom, ArrayCreate.efi, load.efi, README, SSD7103.nsh, startup.nsh and wfi folder.

After steps 1 to 9 from above, insert flash drive you created.
1) With SSD7103 installed in X16 PCIe slot, power on system, boot to flash drive you created, you will see: (see attached)
2 Reboot once you see Passed!

Above is the first steps to see the SSD7103.

Do the SSD's inside the board should appear at the Boot Prompt listing all disks the system detected?

NO, none of my 4 Samsung 1TB 980 PRO's show up in BIOS, my 2 1TB 970 PRO and 1 512GB 970 PRO shows up in NVMe controller and drive information, my 2 EXOS X16 16TB shows up in Intel Rapid Storage Technology, my other drives connected to SATA also shows up. The SSD7103 and drives are not shown anywhere in BIOS only thing that shows up is "Windows Boot Manager (PCIEX16_2: HPT VD0-0 SCSI Disk Device) 4000.GB)" as 1st Boot Device.

Another thing you can check is:
1) Check Advanced\CPU Storage Devices Configuration - PCIEX16_1 DISABLED and PCIEX16_2 DISABLED (This is where my SSD7103 is in) SSD7103 will not show up if configured for VROC!
2) If you have all 4 slots on SSD7103 occupied by 4 MVMe drives make sure in Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration - CPU PCIE Configuration Mode is set to "MODE 1 (x16/x16/x8)
3) Problem 1: No supporting host adapter is found
When using the 'SSD7xxx.nsh' command, the procedure does not start and the message 'No supporting host adapter is found' is displayed:

Solution:
Shutdown the system and move the SSD7000 controller to another PCIe slot, and repeat the flash procedure. If the problem still occurs, please refer to the appendix for collection.

Try switching GPU and SSD7103 around or try SSD7103 in PCIEX16_3 slot to flash BIOS, if successful shut down after you see Passed !, and switch back to PCIEX16_2 (Once SSD7103 BIOS is flashed it will stay on there) Good Luck

Let me know how it went, I'll help you get it going, don't worry, take your time, double check all settings (if one step was missed you will not see the SSD7103)

francoistoen
Level 7
Hi C2001CARL
Thank you for your help and info.
But the procedure is so complex that I stopped trying to install the board. More after trying a lot of setup my windows and office were non activated and i had to reactivate both of them (microsoft says "your material has changed" ) maybe because secure boot was off?.
So i sent back the board to the provider and I will receive a cash back.
Thanks again.
François

moheban79
Level 7
Hi guys,

I have a slightly different Highpoint card installed in an Asus Z270-WS motherboard. The card is a Highpoint SSD7204 card and its a non bootable model. The problem I am having is that the card doesn't show up in any HWInfo or Uefi Shell device tree listing. It works perfectly fine in Windows though but I hackintosh and can not get the mac supplied drivers to work despite it working in Windows. I should at very least see a device with vendor id 1103-7204 but nada. Its not there. I see the controller in device manager but again no hardware id info attached to the properties and HW info doesn't see it despite it working in Windows. On the Mac side inside Catalina as I have a dual bootable machine the raid config server utility says 'Controller not found'. So not sure why despite disabling secure boot. The Asus Z270-WS has 4 simulated 16X slots through a plex chip so maybe thats messing it up. Not sure why. Sorry to highjack the 7103 model thread but thought similar cards so hopefully someone could help.

Thanks